seattle wine stores

Jane T

We are flying in a night before our Sunday cruise and staying at the Embassy Suites Sea Tac location. (any comments about that hotel appreciated) My question is about getting wine for our cruise. Anyone know a store with a good wine selection around there (no car) and are they closed on Sunday? :rolleyes:

We are flying in a night before our Sunday cruise and staying at the Embassy Suites Sea Tac location. (any comments about that hotel appreciated) My question is about getting wine for our cruise. Anyone know a store with a good wine selection around there (no car) and are they closed on Sunday? :rolleyes:

The State Store in SeaTac is NOT open on Sunday. The one in Burien is, but it is more than 20 blocks north and rather west of where you would be staying.

15858 1st Ave. S. Burien

You don't mention which cruise line you are sailing. NCL and X depart from Pier 66 downtown; and the others (RCI, HAL and Princess) depart from Terminal 30 in the SODO neighborhood.

If you're a Costco member, you could probably persuade your taxi driver to stop at the Costco on 4th Av S, since it is on the way to both cruise terminals, but you might pay a fortune in waiting time, since it is always busy there They open at 10:00 am on Sunday.

4401 4th Avenue South

Seattle, Washington 98134

United States

There may be a grocery store/supermarket near the hotel that you could ask their front desk about, as I don't get down that way all that frequently, and the business landscape in Seattle changes on almost a daily basis.

Is the SouthCenter Mall close? Are there liquor stores near the mall? I had also heard there was a wine store at the airport. Does anyone know if this is true? :)

Southcenter is fairly close.

The only entity that can run a true "liquor store" here is the State of Washington, but other entities can sell wines and beer, such as groceries, 7-11 type convenience stores, et cetera.

There is a store that sells wines at the airport, but they are not open late at night.

I can't recall what grocery stores are near your hotel - but mini marts, 7-11 type should have some wine. It won't be the greatest wine, but try to find Chateau Ste Michelle or Columbia Crest. They are Washington wines that are decent. good luck-

There's a Safeway supermarket about half way between the Embassy Suites and the airport, on Military Road. Shouldn't be a problem for a cab driver to wait there on your way to the cruise terminal while you run in for some wine. Most Safeways have got a decent selection.

Archived