any tips on securing a spot in the sactuary?

cescape

Other than geting there early and standing in line, does anyone have any tricks to expidite this process? I assume you can't pre-reserve on line.

I'm not sure if it works the same as the thermal spa on the CB?? We reserved a couples spot for $115 for the week. We happened to be on the first tour of the spa (about 2:00 on embarkation day) and they were signing people up then. Supposedly they only sign up 40 people for the whole cruise but my husband and I rarely saw anyone else there. It was wonderful! A great place to get away from the crowds, heat, noise, etc.

Shari

Princess news article about the sanctuary

http://www.princess.com/news/article.jsp?newsArticleId=na795

Thanks for the link!! :) The way I read it is that you pay to get into the Sanctuary and then you have to pay for all the goodies like the massages and MP3 players. But is the "signature" drinks and "light bites" included in the price of the Sanctuary fee? :confused:

The Santuary is really only crowed on "At Sea" days. And yes, the only way to reserve a spot is to get in line EARLY that morning (as in 7:00 am). They will not pre-reserve any spots.

There is a $3.00/person delivery charge for items on their "spa menu", otherwise they are free. They also have some specialty type smoothie drinks that they charge for. They will also bring you anything from the bar at regular bar prices plus tip. The spa menu includes things such as fruit skewers, roast beef and beet sandwich on whole wheat bread, some sort of cream cheese and veggie roll up, chicken caesar salad, as well as anything from the pool side grill...hamburgers, hot dogs, pizza. Hope this helps!

is this the place where you are able to lay on hot stones?? I also read on one of the reveiws that the area also had really roomy showers too. I thought it was an inside area but from the description it is outside. Or are there 2 areas for adults only that you pay to use?

The price is 115.00 for 2 people??

Thanks for any help.

Portland Pete:

I think you are confusing the outdoor Sanctuary with the Thermal Suite. Sanctuary is basically an upgraded, adult only, extra charge suntanning area with plush padded loungers and attendants available to bring you drinks/snacks. Cost is approx. 10/per half day I believe. You cannot book a full week pass and you show up in the morning when they open to reserve a spot or show up later and ask about availability. Sanctuary is only available on Crown, Emerald and Ruby Princess so far.

Thermal Suite is a co-ed area located indoors in the Spa which has hot stone loungers, eucalyptus steam room and aromatherapy showers. You can buy a weekly pass at a cost of about $70 per person or a couple's pass for about $115 which allows unlimited usage all week. They may also sell daily passes if availability allows.

Hope this helps.

They also sell weekly passes for the Sanctuary. I think it was around

$150 for 10 days per couple, but don't quote me on that.

Anyway, I was so thankful that we didn't purchase the Sanctuary privileges. We had tremendous wind on our Caribbean cruise for the first

3 days, which as way worse in the Sanctuary area than it was at the regular pools. Because the Sanctuary is at the very front of the ship and

is only covered by tarps, there were lots of gaps for the wind to

go through. It was very powerful. In fact, even when we were not

at sea, the wind was very strong, and I would not have enjoyed the

Sanctuary under those conditions at all.

Portland Pete:

I think you are confusing the outdoor Sanctuary with the Thermal Suite. Sanctuary is basically an upgraded, adult only, extra charge suntanning area with plush padded loungers and attendants available to bring you drinks/snacks. Cost is approx. 10/per half day I believe. You cannot book a full week pass and you show up in the morning when they open to reserve a spot or show up later and ask about availability. Sanctuary is only available on Crown, Emerald and Ruby Princess so far.

Thermal Suite is a co-ed area located indoors in the Spa which has hot stone loungers, eucalyptus steam room and aromatherapy showers. You can buy a weekly pass at a cost of about $70 per person or a couple's pass for about $115 which allows unlimited usage all week. They may also sell daily passes if availability allows.

Hope this helps.Today 01:32 PM

I was confused and thank you so much for clarifying it for me! We want the Thermal Suites because we don't have grandchildren yet and love to watch the kids at the pool so an adult pool really wouldn't work for us. That's what is great about cruising there is something for everyone!

Archived