Do we have enough time?

Our ship will dock in Civitavecchia at 7am. We would like to book a flight out at 12:30 pm. Is this a good possibility or, will we be really stressed? Thanks

You should be off the ship by 08.00-0830. How do you intend to reach airport. Taxi an hour and you have plenty of time. Cruise shuttle ? Do`nt know when they leave. What ever it costs do`nt give yourselves stress. Not worth it. End cruise relaxed. :)

I think you can do it, if your ship is as organized as Carnival's Freedom. We had a 2 pm flight and was off the ship before 8:00am. Everyone supposedly is off the ship by 9:30am!! I booked rome cabs for 8:00am and they were there on time. (There were 3 or 4 other drivers from Rome cabs actually waiting for the people to come off the boat to find them.) They were excellent. We got to the airport before 9:15am and had to wait before anyone would even check us in, because we were so early.

I think I could have made the 10am flight, if I needed to. I know my father booked through Carnival and used their transportation for a 10am flight, no problems. If you tell the cruiselines, they should be able to get you off first. The only problem I could forsee was if the ship was late in docking due to weather, etc. I think that's why they tell you not to book a flight earlier than 12. Now you are probably more confused , right?:D

• 3 weeks later...
Very confused:confused: . We are beating the 12pm limit from the cruiseline but, not by much. I just hate the idea of spending about $250 for a hotel room, just to hang around till the next day.

We have booked an 11:55am departure from FCO based on an e-mail from HAL saying that flights 11am or later are OK. If you want to beat the crowd, let's share a car or a cab to the airport on June 5th. matt.nw@hotmail.com

Hello fellow West Virginian's!! We had a 10:30 flight out of Rome last September (booked through Carnival) and we were the 3rd group to leave the ship!! The began disembarking passangers around 5:45 - 6 am for 9am flights. I know Carnival recommends flights no earlier than 9:30 but it did happen? For our trip coming up in October we have around the same departure time of 10:55 am. You will be FINE!!! Just be sure to have all of your ducks in a row before going to bed the night before and be up ON TIME!!!! I had read plenty of horror stories before our cruise last year but it went off without a hitch. It will be a looooong day though, so make the best of it! Have a great trip! :D :D :D

Archived