luggage Question and verizon question

lilli

Two questions: we leave tomorrow to vancouver with our family of 4. I was planning on each one of us taking a suitcase, but one of our suitcases is large and depending on how you measure it, may be at the upper limits of Frontiers and United's criteria of 62 inches total. It measures anywhere from 62 to 65 depending on which one of us measures it and how much we mush the soft side! Anyway, my question is has anyone had problems with this and will they measure it even if it is OK weight wise??

Second question, I know verizon works fairly well for the ports on the inside passage and I know not to use the phone on the ship or we will incur the ship charges, but is texting ok then at port and does anyone have any info on using verizon in Vancouver regarding how much the charge was for texting?

I tried to sort that out on the verizon website but it did not seem clear!

Thanks!!

NO idea on the luggage.

We have Verizon , but chose not to use the phone for talking in Vancouver, but did text. We have unlimited texting and this costs us nothing extra. You can't text pictures or receive them though.

If we had texts sent to us at sea, they came in when we hit each port. FWIW, it was EXTENDED network, so again, the Pic texts are a no go, but the text ones are fine. We did use the "normal" cell in each of the ports so talking on the phone was no different than using it in the lower 48.

Have fun- We sure did.

We used Verizon from the ship anytime we could get a signal. We did add the Canadian calling feature just in case it would pick up a Canadian tower. We had great service in all of the ports and even onboard sometimes; it just depended on the port.

We used our verizon phones on the ship with no charges from Princess. We did pay roaming charges for calls in Vancouver, and there were places far from ports when we couldn't get reception.

We used our verizon phones on the ship with no charges from Princess. We did pay roaming charges for calls in Vancouver, and there were places far from ports when we couldn't get reception.

When did you sail? Was it this summer? Which ship? We are sailing on the Golden in a week and would like to use the phones on board to stay in touch with the kids. Last year on Celebrity, we had $2.49/minute for texting....don't want to pay that again!

Archived