Continental discontinuing service ?

Martita B.

Continental is discontinuing service to/from San Angelo, Tx. Oct 1, 2008. I fly from SJT frequently to Houston and now quite upset as I have an International flight booked for Oct. 14th-SJT to Lisbon and Ft. Lauderdale/SJT on Nov. 11th. When I heard this on TV I immediately contacted the International Concierge in Houston. Her reply, "I'm forwarding your e-mail to an agent and they will contact you." I'm still waiting ~~it's been 10 days.

Has anyone else experienced being left "high and dry?"

The only other airlines that flies out of SJT is AA ~~to Dallas.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,

Martita B.

Unfortunately, there have been a number of posts recently by people in your perdiciment. We are going to India in November and our flight is on AA to Chicago. AA has announced the flight will be cancelled the first of October. I am waiting for the tour company to give us a new routing.

Paul

I called Continental (International Resv.) and was lucky in getting a caring agent. She immediately called her supervisor and she simply rerouted me~~AA from San Angelo to Dallas, Continental to Newark and on to Lisbon. I'll call AA tomorrow and make a reserv. back from Ft. Lauderdale. Continental refunded my FFL/SJT flight.

The agent told me that Continental was routing everyone after Oct. 1st from San Angelo and Abilene to either Midland or Lubbock!!

This won't be convenient for anyone as it's a 2 1/2 hr. drive from SA to Midland and about a 5 hour drive to Lubbock!

Guess I'm doomed~~I'll move over to American!

Good Luck on your flights and have a wonderful trip!:p

Martita B.

Martita,

I hope it works for you.

We will probably fly to Dallas instead of Chicago and then on to London. After seeing your post, I checked our flights and they have gone from tentative to not available.

Paul

I have good friends that live in Dallas and they fly AA Dallas to London a couple of times a year. This plan sounds doable for you.

I feel we'll see more airports ~"discontining service" I'm sad about this.

Have a safe and great trip!

Martita B.

It is sad! Many medium sized cities are loosing air service. As a result my employer now requires that we drive instead of fly to various cities in Texas. One hour of flying time = many hours of driving time.

I don't think it is going to get any better for a long time. I am close enough to DFW that it is reasonable to fly out of that airport. I am just seeing more of Texas from ground level than ever before.

The small 'non hub' airports will continue to dwindle, as the airlines try to 'make money'....:eek: The prices they are charging to connect, are making a 'drive' to the hub, much more attractive...:(

ERI (Erie) is a small town, trying to build a longer runway etc., but I feel it is 'all for naught'... US Airways has pulled most of their flights, Delta is gone.. We only have 'good' connections from NWA and Continental, but their pricing is really yukky!..:) It's a 'sign of the times'...:rolleyes:

The small 'non hub' airports will continue to dwindle, as the airlines try to 'make money'....:eek: The prices they are charging to connect, are making a 'drive' to the hub, much more attractive...:(

ERI (Erie) is a small town, trying to build a longer runway etc., but I feel it is 'all for naught'... US Airways has pulled most of their flights, Delta is gone.. We only have 'good' connections from NWA and Continental, but their pricing is really yukky!..:) It's a 'sign of the times'...:rolleyes:

This is troublesome to me since my nearest transcon. airport is Burlington (BVT) and even though most of the major lines fly out of there, there are enough large airports in the northeast that I can see service getting cut dramatically.

Archived