Monarch vs. Sovereign

Anyone sailed on both of these ships? We've sailed Sovereign but are now considering a short Monarch cruise in March.

From the deck plans, Monarch appears to be a little smaller... What differences will we notice...

And opinions on this idea:

We have been invited to a wedding in Nassau in March... Monarch will be docked in Nassau the day of the wedding... When I priced out staying in Nassau vs. cruising on Monarch and being in Nassau for the day of the wedding... well, big difference... surprise, surprise, it would be more cost effective to take the cruise... Monarch is docked in Nassau until close to midnight and she docks pretty early, the wedding is at 3pm so I have no doubts we would have time to get to the hotel for the wedding and even have time to stay a bit after the ceremony before boarding...

My gut tells me that the chances of missing Nassau are pretty slim in March...

It's usually against my better judgement to sail in March due to college spring breaks and this being a 4 nighter, we could run into that ...

What would you do? Any other potential issues I'm not thinking of... If we do this, I'd like to make an NC booking when we sail next month and then book when we get back...

Anyone sailed on both of these ships? We've sailed Sovereign but are now considering a short Monarch cruise in March.

From the deck plans, Monarch appears to be a little smaller... What differences will we notice...

We have been invited to a wedding in Nassau in March... Monarch will be docked in Nassau the day of the wedding... When I priced out staying in Nassau vs. cruising on Monarch and being in Nassau for the day of the wedding... well, big difference... surprise, surprise, it would be more cost effective to take the cruise... Monarch is docked in Nassau until close to midnight and she docks pretty early, the wedding is at 3pm so I have no doubts we would have time to get to the hotel for the wedding and even have time to stay a bit after the ceremony before boarding...

It's usually against my better judgement to sail in March due to college spring breaks and this being a 4 nighter, we could run into that ...

What would you do? Any other potential issues I'm not thinking of... If we do this, I'd like to make an NC booking when we sail next month and then book when we get back...

S & M are the same size. They are very similar. If you like one, you'll like the other. I do.

(writing S & M was a lot of fun. tee hee :D)

Amy, how early in March? If it's before the 10th, far fewer spring breaks have started.

S & M are the same size. They are very similar. If you like one, you'll like the other. I do.

(writing S & M was a lot of fun. tee hee :D)

Only you would have come up with that... S&M - sounds like something that belongs on the Balcony Club thread... :)

Amy, how early in March? If it's before the 10th, far fewer spring breaks have started.

Ship sails on the 9th and docks in Nassau on the 11th... I know it's cutting it close... we have colleges here that are on Spring Break that week though probably not as many kids that cruise...

Archived