Silver Moon Cruise Tours

2Canucks

FYI- you're not supposed to touch turtles. They have a protective coating on them, which, when disturbed, could open them up to infection.

It is well known that turtles are covered with TurtleWax®, which provides a hard, protective finish that will stand up to the harshest conditions.

Besides, it's my vacation. I'm paying a substantial fee to touch the turtles, and I'm sure they are being properly compensated. Or do you think I need to provide them with a gratuity as well?

• 1 year later...

I just posted photos of our last Silver Moon day sail this past March on my photo site. Some of which include photos of a few of the other popular catamarans in the background (pay attention to the captions) so you can get a rough idea of how Silver Moon compares size and crowd wise. CLICK HERE to be linked to the photos from our latest trip which also has links to photos other six past trips. Most of the photo galleries also have short reviews of our excursions with them as well. http://simon-pics.smugmug.com/Cruises/2012-Equninox-10-Day-Caribbean/Barbados-Silver-Moon-Day-Sail/22757240_mH39MP#!i=1825357801&k=jsb5C7W

This was our seventh trip on the Silver Moon and it remains our all time favorite excursion in the Caribbean. The Silver Moon is something special for us and we always have a great time on board. We really enjoy the uncrowded laid back atmosphere throughout the sail and enjoy ourselves on every trip.

We love lounging on the boat, lunch, and just enjoying the ride as much as we like swimming with the turtles!

Turtle7-L.gif

I just posted photos of our last Silver Moon day sail this past March on my photo site. Some of which include photos of a few of the other popular catamarans in the background (pay attention to the captions) so you can get a rough idea of how Silver Moon compares size and crowd wise. CLICK HERE to be linked to the photos from our latest trip which also has links to photos other six past trips. Most of the photo galleries also have short reviews of our excursions with them as well. http://simon-pics.smugmug.com/Cruises/2012-Equninox-10-Day-Caribbean/Barbados-Silver-Moon-Day-Sail/22757240_mH39MP#!i=1825357801&k=jsb5C7W

This was our seventh trip on the Silver Moon and it remains our all time favorite excursion in the Caribbean. The Silver Moon is something special for us and we always have a great time on board. We really enjoy the uncrowded laid back atmosphere throughout the sail and enjoy ourselves on every trip.

We love lounging on the boat, lunch, and just enjoying the ride as much as we like swimming with the turtles!

Turtle7-L.gif

Hello there!!!

I really loved your review photos and video of this sailing. I am booked with them for the end of this month and seeing your photos makes me really excited!!! I wanted to ask, Can I take my professional camara ( cant get wet ) I am also taking a water camara but my concern is that ...will there be room to put away my camara or so that it does not get wet? Can it stay on the ship the whole time??? Please if you could give me advice on this, it would be great!!

thank you for wonderful review and photos!!

Hello there!!!

I really loved your review photos and video of this sailing. I am booked with them for the end of this month and seeing your photos makes me really excited!!! I wanted to ask, Can I take my professional camara ( cant get wet ) I am also taking a water camara but my concern is that ...will there be room to put away my camara or so that it does not get wet? Can it stay on the ship the whole time??? Please if you could give me advice on this, it would be great!!

thank you for wonderful review and photos!!

Answered on another thread:

On the one hand there will be places that are well protected that you can leave your camera and not worry about it for any reason. But there is a good chance you'll want to spend a lot of the sailing time up in front on the netting beneath the sails for lots of different reasons including the fact that the unobstructed views will be better!

Up in front there is a small risk of an ocean spray. When I've taken a camera that was not waterproof (I've taken both on this excursion) I've at least brought along a large zip lock bag to keep my camera in when I'm not using it. If you want to be able to keep your camera out and taking pictures while the waves are spraying (they occasionally may), and even take them into the water at other beaches when you're wading, you might try one of the waterproof bags like a digipack or aquapack. While I wouldn't trust these under the water with an expensive camera I would trust them to keep the camera safe from rain, ocean sprays and an occasional wave splash.

But if you want the camera along but don't want to keep it in front with you all the time then there will be places to store it inside. There are also some windows leading from the inside cabin to the front of the boat and a lot of people will store gear such as camera bags just inside the windows (there will be a place) so they can reach them easily.

Archived