Silver Moon Cruise Tours

2Canucks

This will be my Second time on the Silver moon.

I absolutely agree with the other posters . This company treats you like valued guests , not cattle being led to slaughter! I hate being badgered for a tip!!!:mad: Love silver moon, already booked for January:D

Also agree with Stevesan Elia's Eco tour in Antigua is wonderful. Those cold scented face cloths were great at end of the kayak tour,

Oh the drink didn't hurt either!:D

Eli and his wife were wonderful. (Sorry cannot remeber her name) We need more tour operators like them.

Reader

Also agree with Stevesan Elia's Eco tour in Antigua is wonderful. Those cold scented face cloths were great at end of the kayak tour,

Oh the drink didn't hurt either!:D

Eli and his wife were wonderful. (Sorry cannot remeber her name) We need more tour operators like them.

Reader

Reader, I'm afraid you may be misremembering your tour. Eli's Eco Tour doesn't use kayaks. I think you may be referring to the Antigua Paddles Eco Tour with Conrad LeBarrie and his wonderful wife, Jenny. :) (and I agree, that's a wonderful tour in Antigua, but off the subject of this thread.)

Joe

What is considered a "good tip" for the crew on Silvermoon II? I haven't really done these trips before and want to reward good service.Thanks

I read somewhere that the suggested tip on any kind of a crewed excursion is 15-20% to the first mate, so both times I've used Silver Moon I've tipped the crew $20 for each of us, for a total of $40.

They normally set out an enclosed tip box as they tie up back at the dock.

Went on the 12 person Silver Moon cruise last week (Ben was our captain) - it was an absolutely fabulous day and worth every penny. We snorkeled 2x (once with turtles, once over the wreck) and anchored for lunch and free swimming around the boat. It felt like being out with the family for the day. Thanks Ben and Silver Moon!!!!

• 1 month later...
Just wanted to add another recommendation for Silver Moon. We cruised on the 24-person catamaran on June 10th and it was the highlight of our week.

I haven't seen it mentioned yet, but does the 24 pax SilverMoonIII actually take you to a beach, or does it anchor off-shore like the 12 pax SilverMoonII??

I've seen that they anchor too far offshore to swim in.

Doug

I haven't seen it mentioned yet, but does the 24 pax SilverMoonIII actually take you to a beach, or does it anchor off-shore like the 12 pax SilverMoonII??

I've seen that they anchor too far offshore to swim in.

Doug

I beleive they anchor off shore, just like the 12 pax. A bit far to swim in, although it is possible. But there has always been great swimming where they anchor for lunch, crystal clear water and they have floats available for the asking. We always enjoy our after lunch swim!

Hi - what type of vehicle do they take you from the port to the dock in? Are people squashed into a small van/bus; or is it reasonable, clean, and air conditioned?? Could we take a cab without a problem as well?? Thanks!!

It's a regular bus as I recall. The entire ride from the cruise terminal to the dock is less than 3 minutes so it should not be an issue.

We're considering the Silvermoon that takes 24 passengers. Anyone done this recently? We've taken a similar trip before and thought it was great (except it rained). Lot of chat about the 12 person trip. Is the 24 going to be too crowded to enjoy? Appreciate hearing from anyone who's been there and done that. It's decision time for us. Second choice is a nice beach - but again, hard to choose a nice beach that isn't too crowded and where the waves aren't too rough. Thinking of Miami beach or Accra. Anyway who's been to Barbados beaches have any suggestions? THANKS!!!!!

We're considering the Silvermoon that takes 24 passengers. Anyone done this recently?....quote]

I see no responses so I though I'd throw in my 2 cents even though we have not done the 24, although we're signed up for it next March - without any hesitation. We were on a cruise a couple years ago where lots of the roll call members took the 24 while we were on the 12 person trip. They raved about their day sail as much as we raved about ours.

• 2 weeks later...
We're considering the Silvermoon that takes 24 passengers. Anyone done this recently?....quote]

I see no responses so I though I'd throw in my 2 cents even though we have not done the 24, although we're signed up for it next March - without any hesitation. We were on a cruise a couple years ago where lots of the roll call members took the 24 while we were on the 12 person trip. They raved about their day sail as much as we raved about ours.

Agree with your comments. We have always done the 12 pax trip but wouldn't hesitate to book the 24 if that is the only one available. We just prefer fewer people. Both Catamarans offer plenty of room.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi! My hubby and I just returned a few days ago from an 11 day cruise on Celebrity's Millenium and booked a day trip through Silver Moon Charters. We were on a 12 pax trip and went swimming and snorkeling with the turtles and over a wreck. Lunch was included and everything was very tasty and we had an open bar too!

The crew and captain of the Silver Moon are very professional and we had an awesome time and I'd highly recommend it to anyone who wants to go snorkeling rather than taking a tour through one of the cruise lines--you won't regret it.

I am glad to hear they are so good as I want to book the excursion with the turtles for March. I sent am e-mail and got an automatic response that said they would contact me in 24 hours. They never did so I sent another one. That was about 2 weeks ago. Any ideas?

thanks,

Paddy Anne

I am glad to hear they are so good as I want to book the excursion with the turtles for March. I sent am e-mail and got an automatic response that said they would contact me in 24 hours. They never did so I sent another one. That was about 2 weeks ago. Any ideas?

thanks,

Paddy Anne

I got a response immediately on Thursday using the following email address: reservations@silvermoonbarbados.com

I booked my group of 30 on a tour with Ocean Adventures, Inc. on the Silver Moon Catamaran III. I cannot say enough about this excursion. It was excellent in every way!!!

Katrina kept in constant touch, answering all of my questions throughout the booking process. She was so helpful with the planning of this excursion and worked with me to make everything perfect.

We were met by her at the pier and boarded the fully air conditioned bus for a tour of the island. Beverages were provided for us on the bus and Katrina as well as our bus driver were very informative guides. We saw some cows and goats along the way to some very scenic overlooks where we took in some breathtaking scenery. Great photo opportunities.

Afterwards, we arrived at our catamaran. What a beauty! We all were asked to remove our footwear before boarding and were helped onboard by members of the crew. Elvis was our captain along with his crew - Dexter, Josh, and a 3rd guy whose name I cannot remember. There was plenty of seating for everyone, both in the shade and sun. There were a few tables to sit at, too. Drinks were served all around as we glided away. Some folks enjoyed lying in the sun on the netted areas.

We were outfitted with a life vest and snorkel gear for our swim adventure with the turtles. However, due to the storms out in the ocean, visibility which was usually crystal clear was not very good. Turtles did come to join us, however we just could not see them until they were within about 5 feet of us. Of course, our crew had no control over the lack of a clear view and we were still excited to have seen the turtles. They said that the turtles have poor eye sight and usually swim out further to where the visibility is clearer. The water was so refreshing that we hesitated to get out for lunch when called.

Lunch was served buffet syle and was delicious! We had chicken that was prepared with the island spices as well as fish that everyone raved about. There were sides of a yummy rice dish, macaroni and cheese, rolls, broccoli salad and tossed salad with watermelon. After filling our tummies, we relaxed as the crew raised the sails to peacefully drift back to the dock.

Everyone agreed that it was the best excursion ever and we cannot wait to return to do it all over again.

I would strongly recommend booking with Katrina and Ocean Adventures. You won't be sorry!!!

I am booked for the silver moon after getting great advice. Now NCL says we are in port at 9AM. But then I heard that is ship time so we are arriving in Barbados at 10 am.

Silver moon is supposed to pick us up at the port at 9:30. I talked to them today and they talked to another excursion place who does excursion for NCL and they say the ship is in port 9-6 Barbados time.

Perhaps NCL staff was wrong.

Has anyone experienced this issue?

cheers,

Paddy Anne

Hi. So the 3/12 turtle and wreck tour versus the 5 hour exclusive lunch tour-I am assuming the amount of time in the water is the same and the extra time for the lunch tour is, well for lunch? Does anyone know how many people they cram onto the non lunch boat? and finally (sorry!) since the non lunch is (I am assuming) also non alcohol does that suggest there will be more little kids to be screaming and scaring the turtles:confused: Thanks!

Archived