Navigator Stabilizers

I talked to some senior crew members in May when on the Nav and got the impression they were going to wait until the Nav goes back to the US in November and drydock it sometime then to replace the stabiliser. The Nav has 2 sets of stabilisers, so having one missing is not a real problem.

Simon

I talked to some senior crew members in May when on the Nav and got the impression they were going to wait until the Nav goes back to the US in November and drydock it sometime then to replace the stabiliser. The Nav has 2 sets of stabilisers, so having one missing is not a real problem.

Simon

we were on the NOS end of May in the Med, when we had rough seas on several nights, and the ship was very rocky and many passengers were seasick. being at the front, we felt it even more keenly. The crew said it was the unseemly rough seas rather than the lack of stabiliser that was the problem, but having one less couldnt have helped, otherwise why have it at all? I think they were surprised by the bad weather we experienced, but at least it proved the ship was OK to sail in rough seas (although we did awaken one night to feel the ship jolting, as if about to keel over! :eek: )

staff we spoke to said it wasn't going to be fixed until the ship went into dry dock next January

Archived