Secret Harbor recently?

39august

Can anyone give me an update on Secret Harbor beach? We were there 2 years ago and we simply walked thru' the hotel, onto the beach and settled into 2 lounge chairs. No one ever asked us to pay rental on the chairs, and the beach was practically deserted.

You walk along the path from the parking area/road to the beach. Taxis may drop off by the lobby and send you through that way. Chairs are intended for hotel guests, they are rentable if available - if the beach attendant is there they will ask you to pay for them; usually they walk around checking on things. Beach is usually quiet, during season when there are more hotel guests it has more people but usually not crowded or anything.

--Islander

Thanks, Islander. How about Sapphire Beach? Is the beachside restaurant and bar still open?

Let me say hi, I'm new here but I live on St.Thomas, the bar at Sapphire Beach is not open or the Restaurant, but you can get some drinks and food while you're on the Beach still, this one guy and some gals comes down to the beach with a menue for you to order any thing you want, that is about a 1/2 a mile from the Beach, or you can walk 2 blocks to the right and get Hotdogs, Hurgers, chicken Burger with chips and drinks.

I was there yesterday.:cool: :cool: :cool:

Thank you bluewater. I would guess that since the bar and restaurant are closed, the beach would not be very crowded? I wonder how the hotel operates without a restaurant and bar. We were there in Jan. and the beach was very crowded and both the restaurant and bar were open as was the pool bar.

39august, Magens, Coki and Sapphire are popular with cruise ship tours and passengers... pretty much in that order. Even though the beach front & pool side bar/restaurant is closed, food and drink is available so it remains a popular choice. As for the hotel, there is a restaurant on site but its up at the Sapphire condos - maybe a 10 minute walk from the beach front hotel. Also Red Hook is close by, short taxi ride, and it has several restaurants. Enjoy.

--Islander

Hi!

Just got an e-mail from Customer Service at Secret Harbour. They said that they no longer allow non-guests to use their chairs but they can use the beach and eat in their restaurant.

Bummer about the chairs. We need to have chairs and shade.

Archived