Camp Carnival with a 3 year old

stbmom

I am just wondering if someone can give me a little more info on camp Carnival. How really does it work? Is it really fun for the kiddos? What types of things do they have for the little ones?

Also, anyone visit during the "family time" when you can bring in younger kids? We will have one year old twins with us as well and plan on taking them to family time when possible.

Thanks

We have always been pleased with Camp Carnival.

Our boys were 5 and 8 when we started cruising with them.

We have found them to be consistant from ship to ship in the quality of their care. They have always been wonderful with our youngest son who has autism.

We did not start as young as 3, so I would expect the same "separation" issues that you might experience when you leave your child at a church nursery for the first time. You will have a pager in case they need you!

Have a great cruise!!

My 3y.o. DD LOVED camp carnival on the Paradise.....they had lots of arts activities and toys and a big video wall for AM cartoons and late night movies

I was really glad they closed a couple minutes in the afternoon or I would have never gotten her to leave for her nap!

We left her into babysitting time 2 nights and they changed her into her jammies and she was asleep on a mat the night we went to the midnight show

Did not go to family time, sorry

Many years ago our children were that age and we had them in CC... great experience and once they are there it is hard to get them to come out. When they were a little older (8 and 4) we had the "overnighter" where they "locked" them in and then at 3 am there was a knock on your door and they "shoved" them in. It was great for us as we made it back to the room with 15 min. to spare:)... lol! Oh, at Midnight the little ones (with camp counselors) dressed up like pirates and "harassed" the people at the midnight buffet... fun.

Should have a great time and you will to if you relax and let the people take care of the little one.

we took both our granddaughters on a cruise a year ago and the 3 year old loved camp carnival. She kept telling me it was time to go back to the babysitters. When we got off the ship in port, after about an hour or so she would ask me if we could please just go back to her boat! needless to say, cc was a huge hit

Pat

We traveled with my 2 y.o. DD in 2003, and then this past Feb. when she was 6 and my DS was 3 y.o. They had a ton of fun. My 3 y.o. is usually shy - although he attends preschool - he has a hard time being left with strangers. He didn't at CC at all though. It was so much fun, he just walked in and started to play. His sister was in a separate room, but during the late night babysitting they got to be together. I took them in their PJ's and they had movie parties during late night time. During Camp days they did science activities, puzzles, arts and crafts, visits with Funship Freddy, candy making, ice cream socials, etc., you will be given the schedule and can come and go according to the interests. Make sure you attend the first night orientation and family night. They will give you a cell phone, and you can call Camp too and check in. Or walk by the camp and look at computer monitor without them seeing you. This is one of the reasons we love cruising - we trust the Camp, we can go have adult fun, and the kids have their own fun. We always bring an umbrella stroller to pick them up if using late night so we don't have to carry sleeping children across the ship. This next cruise, however, we booked a room right near camp. My kids have nothing but great things to say about Camp- hope you have fun!

Archived