Quality of water on CB

bzplaying

Which water? Pool water is fresh, not salt. Bottled water is readily available (for a small charge) and the water in your cabin is very drinkable. The ship desalinates its own drinking water and we find it better than some of the water we've gotten on land at home. It's also pretty soft, at least on the ships we've been on. We usually bring a couple of bottles with us and just fill them from the tap at night, put them in the cabin refrigerator overnight and then take them with us during the day.

Water on CB????

Fresh water on a cruise ship is a serious undertaking, and includes large-scale purification and/or desalination systems. Cruise ship passengers have a massive, and constant, need for fresh water, so keeping the water supply safely available is Princesses' chief concern.

Wow thanks eveyone for your detailed input I guess no need to bring bottled water on board just some empty ones for filling!!!!

Leaving on the CB 7/28 can't wait!!

Terrific!

No need -

Princess does sell water bottles....;)... :D

Have a safe, relaxing cruise.

My husband and I have sailed twice on CB. We were amazed at how good the water tasted. (We didn't try the tap water...this is the water at the ice tea, ice, coffee, etc..stations). I'm very particular about the taste of the water I drink and I must say it was the best tasting water I ever had. We're sailing on the Emerald in 2009 and hope the water taste just as good.

The CB had a video on one of the tv stations in the cabin showing the entire water filtration process.

(It's the little things that count.)

:o Since I was small, I get tummy problems when I drink water from any other place than home. So much so that I need a medication. :o However the water on the Caribbean Princess tastes great and does not bother me. Have a great cruise!

Archived