anyone stay at hampton inn, tukwila?

Interested in hearing experiences at this hotel, is there any place to eat dinner near by? If you cruised out of terminal 30, who did you use and what was the cost to get there?

Understand this about Tukwila.....it is out in the middle of NOWHERE (and I mean that seriously...worked there for nearly a year), with little or nothing near by. No buses even go there (other than to pass through on the freeway).

Taxi to Terminal 30 from Tukwila will be about $35-40 for two pax, including fuel charge, excluding gratuities, extra for additional pax. Shuttle Express more than that.

http://www.shuttleexpress.com

Hi SeattleCruiseLover, I may have the location wrong, the website said it is 4 miles from the airport and is near a big mall. It is the Hampton Inn SouthCenter. I am from Ga. and if there is a mall anywhere there are restaurants around it. Please let me know it it is the same hotel as the one that is out in the middle of no where. Delta changed our flight plans so we will not arrive until 7:30pm so I figure we will just get a bite to eat and go right to bed. blessings, Linda

Tukwila is an industrial / warehouse area.

If your hotel is on West Valley Hwy, then there are a couple of fast food restaurants, and a bad sit down restaurant a block away. Other than that there is nothing near your hotel.

The Southcenter Mall is large regional mall and it is about a mile from the hotel. Unfortunately, you have to cross busy traffic, go under a freeway, and cross a congested river bridge to get to the mall.

Most Hamptons I have stayed at offered free use of their shuttle to nearby attractions. I would call the hotel and ask them if their shuttle service includes free rides to the mall.

Tukwila is an industrial / warehouse area.

If your hotel is on West Valley Hwy, then there are a couple of fast food restaurants, and a bad sit down restaurant a block away. Other than that there is nothing near your hotel.

The Southcenter Mall is large regional mall and it is about a mile from the hotel. Unfortunately, you have to cross busy traffic, go under a freeway, and cross a congested river bridge to get to the mall.

Most Hamptons I have stayed at offered free use of their shuttle to nearby attractions. I would call the hotel and ask them if their shuttle service includes free rides to the mall.

Hampton Inn in Tukwila does not have a shuttle according to their website. Any visits to the mall will need to be on foot or by taxi. The address is on 158th St, but I'm not sure if W Valley Highway is the cross street. It is right by Boeing's old Renton plant, that I DO know.

Hampton Inn in Tukwila does not have a shuttle according to their website. Any visits to the mall will need to be on foot or by taxi. The address is on 158th St, but I'm not sure if W Valley Highway is the cross street. It is right by Boeing's old Renton plant, that I DO know.

West Valley is the cross street. The hotel is on the south side of I 405. North of 405 West Valley turns into Interurban.

Not to confuse the issue, (and OP) I think SeattleCruiseLover meant the Tukwila hotel is near the old Boeing Corp HQ, not the Renton plant. The Renton plant is at the south end of Lake WA, about 4 or 5 miles away.

In addition, I remembered that there is a Best Western on the other side of West Valley from the Hampton. I had a business luncheon at the BW a few years ago, the food was okay.

Enjoy your cruise!

West Valley is the cross street. The hotel is on the south side of I 405. North of 405 West Valley turns into Interurban.

Not to confuse the issue, (and OP) I think SeattleCruiseLover meant the Tukwila hotel is near the old Boeing Corp HQ, not the Renton plant. The Renton plant is at the south end of Lake WA, about 4 or 5 miles away.

In addition, I remembered that there is a Best Western on the other side of West Valley from the Hampton. I had a business luncheon at the BW a few years ago, the food was okay.

Enjoy your cruise!

Yep, that's exactly what I meant, out there by the train "station" and the old HQ buildings.

thank you to all who replied, since it looks like there will not be a decent restaurant near the hotel, is there a restaurant like chili's in the airport?

Here is a list of what IS available at the airport for dining. Seattle is a "close early" town, so you will need to check with them for hours of operation, though it appears that "Chilis, Too" is open daily from 6 am to 11 pm.

http://www.portseattle.org/seatac/shopdine/restaurants-type.shtml

Whoa! The southcenter area has a ton of great restaurants and the mall itself is rolling out a huge remodel next weekend which includes 75 new stores and 6 new sitdown restaurants. Brand new restaurants include BJ's - a brew house type of restaurant, Joeys, a casual steak type of place, Duke's - a seafood, chowder restaurant and a Thai/Asian restaurant whose name I don't remember. Restaurants already in the mall complex include: Cheescake factory, Olive Garden, & Bahama Breeze. Farther down the Southcenter road you'll find Outback, Famous Dave's, Claim Jumper, Sanfords and Newport Bay. Many of these have late night dining so your 7:30 arrival will be no problem. There is also a 13 Coins right across from the airport but it's always packed and they don't take reservations so that might not be the best option.

The morning of our cruise we went to Foster Golf Links for breakfast. Sat outside in the sunshine and enjoyed a lovely breakfast. This is too far to walk from the mall but bus # 150 goes from the mall right past the restaurant.

We have lived in this area for 20+ years so am very familiar with what's around if you have any more questions. Call Hampton Inn and ask about their van availability. Most hotels in the area will shuttle to Southcenter on a regular basis. Heck, I'll come down and drive you if you buy my dinner:D But we'll have to eat at BJ's since that's where my daughter works.

Paula

Hotels in this area cater to the business traveler. They're close to the airport without the noise, expense or crime. They aren't 4 star hotels but they are comfortable and convenient. They're located close to I-5 for a quick trip to Seattle to the north or Tacoma to the south.

I personally think this is a great choice for a cruise hotel if you don't have the time to do the tourist sites in downtown Seattle. No, you can't walk right next door to eat. No, there's no great waterfront to look at. But they have airport pickup and you'll be at your hotel just minutes from leaving the airport. For your trip to the pier the next morning the onramp to northbound I-5 is right down the road and if you're leaving from pier 30 you won't even have to fight through all the traffic in downtown to get to your pier.

Tukwila is not in the middle of nowhere as suggested. It's a suburb with the airport on one side and the mall on the other, where 2 main freeways meet. It's where my husband grew up and where we raised our children. Very convenient to everything. If you're into soccer and have some time check out the Starfire complex at Fort Dent just north of the hotel. Some of the best soccer action around.

According to the Hampton Inn at Tukwila they do have free shuttle service to and from the airport and a shuttle that will take you to Southcenter, I phoned the hotel and asked:p .

The distance from the hotel to Southcenter (walking) is 1 mile approx. 22 minutes. Southcenter is celebrating their remodel this weekend. The news said they have updated the mall, put in movie theaters and a new food court with lots of great places to eat.

If you don't feel like doing that walk there are some places to get a quick bite close to the hotel or you could always order something and have it delivered (pizza??). We have done that in the past and glad we did after a long flight.

You will need to catch a taxi or limo to get to the ship since it doesn't look like a downtown bus runs in the vicinity.

Have a wonderful stay in our great city.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you so much love2cruiseseattle, I had read so many great reviews of this hotel on tripadvisor and to me cleanliness and bed comfort are my primary goals for hotels. I think that the next morning we will take the shuttle back to the airport, then buy the round trip greyline shuttle from the airport to port and back. It is 28.00 round trip each so 48.00 total and we would not have to worry about the transportation after the cruise.

Thank you so much love2cruiseseattle, I had read so many great reviews of this hotel on tripadvisor and to me cleanliness and bed comfort are my primary goals for hotels. I think that the next morning we will take the shuttle back to the airport, then buy the round trip greyline shuttle from the airport to port and back. It is 28.00 round trip each so 48.00 total and we would not have to worry about the transportation after the cruise.

I am the same way when it comes to hotels. I have been lucky with reading tripadvisor and haven't had any hotel issues when traveling.

How many of you are there?

It is just my dear sweet husband and myself. It is an anniversary cruise, I hope he loves it. My brother and I bought my mom and dad an alaska cruise for their 50th and when I saw their video, I knew I had to see it live, so my DH said if that is what you want, then start planning it. I have saved for 2 years, and now we are going. The airfare jump was not in the plan, so we are going to save here and there on things like the hotel in Seattle, and not go hog wild on the excursions. So thank you to all my CC buddies for the wonderful reviews, reports and tips toward making this an anniversary to remember.

It is just my dear sweet husband and myself. It is an anniversary cruise, I hope he loves it. My brother and I bought my mom and dad an alaska cruise for their 50th and when I saw their video, I knew I had to see it live, so my DH said if that is what you want, then start planning it. I have saved for 2 years, and now we are going. The airfare jump was not in the plan, so we are going to save here and there on things like the hotel in Seattle, and not go hog wild on the excursions. So thank you to all my CC buddies for the wonderful reviews, reports and tips toward making this an anniversary to remember.

Well from what I have heard (I haven't done the Alaska cruise yet) it is most cruisers favorite itinerary. We sailed one year and met a lady that had cruised over 150 time and Alaska was her favorite. So I am sure you and your husband will have a wonderful time.

Sounds like your choice of getting to and from the cruise port ($48 for both) is going to be the cheapest route to go. Taxis are about $30 one way from the airport.

have a great time.

We stayed at the Homewood Suites in Tukwila and liked it very much. They had a free shuttle to and from the airport and any restaurant in the area.

I think most of the hotels have a free shuttle to the mall, as we saw hotel vans lined up at the curb at the Cheesecake Factory. :)

The mall is huge.

http://www.westfield.com/southcenter/ourstores/index.html

We also took the hotel shuttle to the airport where we caught a taxi (fixed price) to the pier.

Archived