Conquest vs Voyager

keitbr

Me, my DW and DD (8) are currently booked on the Conquest for January, but I am considering switching the reservation to the Voyager of the seas since they are both the same price. We want to leave out of Galveston and both ships go to the same ports. This will be my wife and daughters first cruise.

I would like to hear from those who have sailed both and find out which one you preferred and why. Thanks for any info you can provide

I can't answer for both, but I can answer for Conquest. And one thing I should mention is the fabulous Camp Carnival for your 8 year old!

DH and I had our first cruise on Conquest. I had dreamed of cruising for my first 50 years, and Conquest far surpassed any imagination I had of cruising.

We found all ages there...young, middle and old...most people will say that Carnival is for younger people...we didn't find that at all. It is a known fact that the cabins are bigger on Carnival and the food is usually better.

I have crept around the RCL boards for several years thinking and dreaming of going on our next cruise with them. Yes, we have heard that RCL is more upper scale than Carnival.

You will find die-hard Carnival people and die-hard RCL people....

While we were booked on our second cruise with RCL, I happened to check Carnival's price - $1600 less for the same time of the year....yes, we booked Carnival again...We loved it.

It's your choice...six of one, half dozen of the other...both cruises will be great.

I've cruised on both ships and there is absolutely no comparison. The Voyager is much bigger, has more activities for the younger folk, (rock climbing wall, inline skating, ice skating, golf) and has the famous Promenade.

There are parades on the Promenade several nights during the cruise. They have stilt walkers, clowns, it's like Mardi Gras. Streamers, confetti, the works. All the stores are along the Promenade along with a couple bars. It resembles a street scene, it's very nice.

I loved the Voyager as a ship. The only thing I was disappointed in were the choices in the dining room. I will say, their garlic soup was to die for. But other than that, nothing really outstanding.

The Lido Buffet is very good, I liked the way it was laid out and the food was very good for a buffet.

The regular cabins are a bit smaller than on Conquest, but I was lucky enough to snag a Grand Suite on the Voyager at the pier for a mere $400 extra. Loved that suite and the key to the Concierge Lounge for free drinks any time of the day.

Judy

We've sailed both RCL and Carnival. Although Carnival's prices usually tend to be cheaper, RCL ships are definitely more beautiful. Food and service are the same. RCL cabins are a bit smaller, especially the showers (hard to shave your legs!). We're on the 1-11-09 Conquest. Enjoy! :)

countdown.pl?name=D and D&date=1-11-2009&image=Beach-2&text=Annual Float and Bloat!&ship=Carnival Conquest

Carnival Conquest January 2009

Carnival Freedom May 2008

Royal Caribbean Rhapsody of the Seas May 2005

Carnival Elation January 2005

Me, my DW and DD (8) are currently booked on the Conquest for January, but I am considering switching the reservation to the Voyager of the seas since they are both the same price. We want to leave out of Galveston and both ships go to the same ports. This will be my wife and daughters first cruise.

I would like to hear from those who have sailed both and find out which one you preferred and why. Thanks for any info you can provide

They don't have the same itinerary. The VOS sails to Cozumel, Honduras, Costa Maya and Progresso.

Conquest sails to Jamaica, Grand Caymans and Cozumel.

For the same price I would choose the VOS. Actually this is one of the cruises we were looking into.......

They don't have the same itinerary. The VOS sails to Cozumel, Honduras, Costa Maya and Progresso.

Conquest sails to Jamaica, Grand Caymans and Cozumel.

For the same price I would choose the VOS. Actually this is one of the cruises we were looking into.......

You right, VOS alternates itineraries. My biggest concern is for my DD, so I want the best ship to keep her entertained. I see that VOS has the ice skating rink, rock climbing wall, and minature golf course, but I have not seen what Conquest has for the kids besides a water slide.

I don't really know anything about the ports that VOS is going to. Are there going to be kid friendly activities outside of Cozumel? We were planning paradise beach for Cozumel.

For the same price?? I would definetely choose Voyager, gorgeous ship.

For the fall when no Voyager, I pick Conquest, do both lol Hard to find Voyager for the same price as Conquest, grab it.

We just moved from Memphis to South, South Texas so Galveston is our only driving option. We've done Voyager and the Conquest twice. For even Money - or a couple bucks more - we'd be on Voyager in a heartbeat. What month are you looking at?

We just moved from Memphis to South, South Texas so Galveston is our only driving option. We've done Voyager and the Conquest twice. For even Money - or a couple bucks more - we'd be on Voyager in a heartbeat. What month are you looking at?

Between Feb. 8 - March 8 balcony cabins on the VOS are cheaper then balcony cabins on the Conquest:)

You right, VOS alternates itineraries. My biggest concern is for my DD, so I want the best ship to keep her entertained. I see that VOS has the ice skating rink, rock climbing wall, and minature golf course, but I have not seen what Conquest has for the kids besides a water slide.

I don't really know anything about the ports that VOS is going to. Are there going to be kid friendly activities outside of Cozumel? We were planning paradise beach for Cozumel.

we are booked on voyager for the 11th of january me,dw,dd (12) this will be our second cruise and we are impressed with the things so our daughter is not too bored!! there will not be too many school aged kids at this time so think about joining our Sailing on the 11th of january cruise on voyager!!!:)

Thanks for all of the input. I called the TA to find out about making the change and aparently the prices that were on the web site are not available to us since there are 3 to a cabin:confused:. It was going to cost me over 700 more to go with VOS. I will keep my eyes and see if I can get something closer in price to what I am paying on Conquest so I can move the reservation over.

Thanks for all of the input. I called the TA to find out about making the change and aparently the prices that were on the web site are not available to us since there are 3 to a cabin:confused:. It was going to cost me over 700 more to go with VOS. I will keep my eyes and see if I can get something closer in price to what I am paying on Conquest so I can move the reservation over.

We want a PR cabin, but they only hold 2 to the cabin. My sister's friend wants to go with us. I understand the dilema. We did pay a little more for Voyager than Conquest, but I was ok with a small difference. Keep an eye on last minute bookings too, Voyager will have better last minute prices than Carnival does with Conquest, its been my experience and I watch both constantly.

Kind of surprised to see so many go with Voyager since this is a Carnival board.:)

I too would go with the Voyager even if it were a little more.

Conquest 5x

Voyager 2x

Hi snoozeman it's bmwmama !! How are you ? We have gone on the 6/1/08 sailing on the Conquest and loved it... I just missed Portofinos rest. on the Voyager.Yes, i agree the voyager is the best !! But, we are booked again on the conquest on the 6/14/09 cruise because it is going to the Bahamas !!I just got off the ecstasty Monday and it is not a very nice ship for sure ! dirty and very rude help. dining was terrible !!!! didn't really enjoy it that much.

Hi snoozeman it's bmwmama !! How are you ? We have gone on the 6/1/08 sailing on the Conquest and loved it... I just missed Portofinos rest. on the Voyager.Yes, i agree the voyager is the best !! But, we are booked again on the conquest on the 6/14/09 cruise because it is going to the Bahamas !!I just got off the ecstasty Monday and it is not a very nice ship for sure ! dirty and very rude help. dining was terrible !!!! didn't really enjoy it that much.

Sorry you didn't care for Ecstasy, it is different. BUT WOW--A friend just called me this evening and she was on on the Ecstasy with you and won the drawing for the free cruise. She was with a bunch of ladies from north Texas if you were there.

The Conquest is a great ship, but Voyager is better. The goodies at the meet & mingle are first class if you'll recall.

I've got multiple cruises booked on both Voyager & Conquest coming up. Maybe we'll hit together again. I promise I'll do the pull next time!;)

I am surprised to see so many RCL cruiser on this Carnival board. When I made a few suggesting on how Carnival new ships (on the Carnival Management thread) should be more like RCL, I got a few rude replies. I thought I was just being realistic. RCL newer ships have more to offer than Carnival ships, but Carnival is less expensive.

The goodies at the meet & mingle are first class if you'll recall.;)

By goodies, do you mean the snacks or the little things they raffle off. Hey my sister finally won something this last time. A ball point pen, still in its plastic wrapper, and a bronze 3rd place medal to be worn around the neck on its ribbon. hahahhahahahahahaha The things they raffle off make you laugh if nothing else.

Archived