Conquest vs Voyager

Me, my DW and DD (8) are currently booked on the Conquest for January, but I am considering switching the reservation to the Voyager of the seas since they are both the same price. We want to leave out of Galveston and both ships go to the same ports. This will be my wife and daughters first cruise.

I would like to hear from those who have sailed both and find out which one you preferred and why. Thanks for any info you can provide

ho-hum and WOW with your question.

Voyager is WOW!

Head over to the Carnivor threads and read reviews on Conquest. I will not prejudice your opinion as to why I wold not WASTE a penny on that ship....

But I will tell you......you have the opinion of amazing and elegant versus plastic and tacky......

I've been on both ships. I just like the decor of RCI ships over Carnival. I feel like Carnival designers don't know how to leave a spot on the wall undecorated. way too much for me. give me a nice clean wall with a beautiful painting or piece of sculpture and leave it at that. I don't have to have lion heads on pillars at the elevators looking over me or murals painted on every ceiling.

I've had good service on Carnival and good food and entertainment, but I also get lost on their ships.....I don't like looking at a ship layout and if I get off the mid elevators, there's no where to go. You have to get back on and go up or down to then cross over then up or down again to get where you need to be. On most all RCI ships you can get from the forward to aft on the same deck. Not so much on Carnival ships.

Just my humble opinion. I do try different cruise lines to get comparisons......but over 25 cruises in the last 5 years and most are RCI.

Me, my DW and DD (8) are currently booked on the Conquest for January, but I am considering switching the reservation to the Voyager of the seas since they are both the same price. We want to leave out of Galveston and both ships go to the same ports. This will be my wife and daughters first cruise.

I would like to hear from those who have sailed both and find out which one you preferred and why. Thanks for any info you can provide

keitbr - be sure to go back and check the thread for the Jan 11 Voyager cruise. We would love for you to join us! Guaranteed fun! :D I haven't been on the Conquest so I can't tell you about that. I just can tell you that you'll find a great group of people. We definately are RCL fans. Great service, food and good activities.

Your profile says "geek". So if one or both of you are, then you will love talking to my husband who is also a "geek". And I mean that in the most loving of terms! :p

May I ask why you call Carnival -----------> "Carnivore"? Why must one talk distastefully against a cruiseline in order to make another one look better? I can understand your opinion about certain aspects of Carnival--namely some of the decor. But, why don't you talk about the positive features, as well? I've heard from many sources that Carnival's food is better than RCI's, overall. Of course, that's also subjective. But, I've seen enough people giving CCL's food two thumbs up vs. RCI's, so it can't just be a matter of taste.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that all the mainstream cruiselines are doing the same thing: Trying to make money for their respective companies. And, I personally feel they all do it in a similar manner. They each have their qualities and quirks. But, I also feel that they all offer bascially the same thing---an enjoyable vacation for the passenger.

ho-hum and WOW with your question.

Voyager is WOW!

Head over to the Carnivor threads and read reviews on Conquest. I will not prejudice your opinion as to why I wold not WASTE a penny on that ship....

But I will tell you......you have the opinion of amazing and elegant versus plastic and tacky......

May I ask why you call Carnival -----------> "Carnivore"? Why must one talk distastefully against a cruiseline in order to make another one look better? I can understand your opinion about certain aspects of Carnival--namely some of the decor. But, why don't you talk about the positive features, as well? I've heard from many sources that Carnival's food is better than RCI's, overall. Of course, that's also subjective. But, I've seen enough people giving CCL's food two thumbs up vs. RCI's, so it can't just be a matter of taste.

Anyway, what I'm trying to say is that all the mainstream cruiselines are doing the same thing: Trying to make money for their respective companies. And, I personally feel they all do it in a similar manner. They each have their qualities and quirks. But, I also feel that they all offer bascially the same thing---an enjoyable vacation for the passenger.

The name Carnivore has been around for sometime. The name was created by many in the industry due to Carnival going around and buying up all the other cruise lines. I use the term too and make no apologies.

I cruised with Carnival for many years and know the product well. Some of us notice a difference in the product between the two lines. It's the little things that make the difference. Of course one big difference are the ships. RCI ships blow Carnival out of the water. Carnival has done nothing innovative in the cruise industry when it comes to ship building. They continue to turn out the same ships over and over with just making them larger and packed with more guests and now are copying RCI with the addition of the kids water park, cantilevered hot tubs and family staterooms. Yeah that's innovative.

This is the Royal Caribbean board. If you want glowing comments about Carnival then they are located over on that board. Also, many on that board like to point the finger at someone for giving negative remarks about Carnival. If one can give valid reasons why they prefer one cruise line over the other then it's not a bash. It's an opinion. I guess some just cannot tell the difference.;)

Another poster explained the term "Carnivor"

it has been an industry term for YEARS.

I also have, in my humble opinion, an extensive background in the travel industry, and on what I consider a large number of cruises. I prefer RCI over CARNIVOR. Thus the application of the term has both personal and indsutry applications.

Does that answer your question?

And I do not "feel", I think.

This is the Royal Caribbean board. If you want glowing comments about Carnival then they are located over on that board. ;)

Actually, last time I looked the thread was 100% to take Voyager, when the question was posed on the Carnival board.

If you can do Voyager for the same price as Conquest, no question, Id do Voyager.

The other similar thread here was about the Conquest in Nov, when Voyager not a choice, so thats why the difference. You bet for the same price Id do Voyager.

Posters on the Carnival board are pretty open minded. I think people coming back and claiming they were charged for tenders and had a cabin next to the engine room and such do get negative reactions.

J & G: As you can see from our signature, we have been on both Voyager and Conquest. Will say there is a difference from RCI to Carnival......don't know as I would generalize in the way you have, but there is a difference. Believe the demographics of a specific ship are susceptible to change on each sailing. Obviously our personal preference is w/ RCI.

As for the cabins, believe you will find that the comparable cabins on Conquest (balcony) are somewhat larger than on Voyager. Not terribly, but they are larger. Food is a subjective thing, but we were able to find something to our liking on each ship. Service to us has been more consistent, attentive and more friendly on Voyager.

This has been our experience on these two ships and other experiences may vary. Hope this helps.

I have quoted what I posted on the "other" thread that cruisingator2 listed for you. While I stayed out of the "other" thread after my post, I do NOT consider myself a "cheerleader" for anybody; do notice differences between the two ships; enjoy Voyager more than Conquest; do stand by what is quoted above, etc, etc. IF you can sail on either Voyager and Conquest w/ your DW & DD for the same cost, believe there is no contest. There are many more options available to your family aboard Voyager!!!

Which ever you choose, I'm certain you can make it an enjoyable cruise!!!

Bruce

Conquest is Carnival and I sailed on carnival once.

Voyager is RCL and I'm diamond Plus

Reasons why

RCL has better EVERYTHING and I'm not an RCL cheerleader but when it comes to comparing it to Carnival I am.

Archived