Miami Port

tne458011

You'll find that there aren't many places that are "cheap" in Miami. If you aren't too particular, you might want to check out the Priceline bid thread at the top of this page. People have listed a lot of great deals that they got.

Maggie

The least expensive hotel near the port is usually the Holiday Inn. The rest will run you over $200.00 a night and more unless you try and bid through a site like Priceline. The hotels near the airport are usually the least expensive but I personally would not stay in that area unless I was just going to stay at the hotel without venturing out.

Cheap???? I can tell you many cheap hotels in Miami..the problem is you won't want to stay in them.

"Fair"..a price between 150-200.00 per night will get you near the port...depending on the time of the year.

There are some nice hotels in Doral, close to the airport and a short drive to the port..but it's a suburban type area, it's nice, but lots of strip malls, etc. You could find a Fairfield Inn or Baymont, and it'll be comfortable but you are still looking at over 100.00 per night at least.

South Beach..anywhere from 200 to the thousands per night....at least...in off season (May -Oct, generally) you might score something for 150-160.00 per night but it'll be your basic hotel in sobe.

Because Florida is a tourist mecca from all over the world, prices rarely fluctuate here. My friends from the UK will gladly pay 250.00 per night, because the exchange rate with the pound makes it a travel bargain. For someone in the world, 250.00 will be a bargain.

Any suggestions on where to stay cheap in Miami? Flying into Miami 1 day before cruise. How far is port from airport?

Thanks

You don't mention WHEN you are going to need the hotel. Makes a WORLD of difference in the Miami area. Feb. will bring rates that can be 50%+ higher than if you are looking in the end of Sept.

In general the airport -close hotels will be the most economical. South Beach area the highest. At any time of year.

The Port of Miami Holiday Inn mentioned earlier is very popular because of its location. So even if it's a just mediocre hotel, people are willing to spend the money to be 5 min from the piers and across the street from the touristy Bayside restaurants and shops mall.

If you give us some idea when you are cruising we'd be able to help with more info. Also let us know what your budget would allow.

Same problem here......I was looking all over last night trying to find something reasonable that isn't a dump. I bid unsuccessfully a couple of times on Priceline and then went to Hotwire. They listed a 3.5 star near the airport for $69 on my date in January. I did a little research and decided it was probably the Miami Mart hotel. I bought it and it is. We needed 2 rooms, I booked 2 and got them both for that price. It gets mixed reviews and there probably isn't much to do nearby but we really don't care that much. Just wanted a clean, comfortable place to lay our heads before the cruise. Check it out! They have a free shuttle from the airport to the hotel.

the Holiday Inn at the port has a price of $203..priceline was advirtising it

for $211..so id book directly with Holiday Inn in this case..

however, knowing that was pushing Holiday Inn..they must have a connection for a # of room s available for bidding..usually the hotel s

presented for sale at Priceline will usually be one of the one s you ll

be bidding on..

rather than paying what was listed at Priceline i decided to start bidding

..thinking that atleast i ll get a decent hotel even if it was nt the

Holiday Inn..started at $60 and wad declined..finally up to $162

and the message come s back that the HOLIDAY INN had accepted my bid..:eek: ..kinda high but less than the $203 and $211..

this was for mid jan..there s about 12 cruise ship in port at any one

time during that time..and that monster Freedom..so i knew cheap room s

would be at a premium..

Any suggestions on where to stay cheap in Miami? Flying into Miami 1 day before cruise. How far is port from airport?

Thanks

We have stayed at the Marriott properties on LeJuene. I just checked and the rates for a Friday night in Sept are around $100. There are restaurants nearby (Catch of the Day is our favorite). Not much other nightlife.

In the past there was free shuttle to/from the airport. Cab to the cruise port used to be around $25 plus tip. Not sure with the price of gas how that may have changed.

Charlie

Anything on LeJune is going to be your basic airport hotel. You are also in off season. August and Sept are the slowest months here.

We have stayed at the Marriott properties on LeJuene. I just checked and the rates for a Friday night in Sept are around $100. There are restaurants nearby (Catch of the Day is our favorite). Not much other nightlife.

In the past there was free shuttle to/from the airport. Cab to the cruise port used to be around $25 plus tip. Not sure with the price of gas how that may have changed.

Charlie

Anything on LeJune is going to be your basic airport hotel. You are also in off season. August and Sept are the slowest months here.
OP didn't really indicate when they were cruising so I just punched in a Friday date. Yes, it will be higher "in season".

As far as basic, the Marriott property has 2 hotels (Courtyard & Marriott), decent pools, on property restaurant and lounge and is not far from several restaurants.

Charlie

Yes I know the area well. I would just advise you to not venture too far away in that part of town. I really like the Crowne Plaza at the airport alot.

OP didn't really indicate when they were cruising so I just punched in a Friday date. Yes, it will be higher "in season".

As far as basic, the Marriott property has 2 hotels (Courtyard & Marriott), decent pools, on property restaurant and lounge and is not far from several restaurants.

Charlie

We are driving down to Florida for 3 week vacation in Jan./Feb and was looking for a clean hotel in the cruise port area that has a Stay/Park/Cruise package.

Any recommendations? Cruising out of Miami.

We are driving down to Florida for 3 week vacation in Jan./Feb and was looking for a clean hotel in the cruise port area that has a Stay/Park/Cruise package.

Any recommendations? Cruising out of Miami.

No hotels near the port offer that kind of package. Your best bet is to stay at one near the airport that will offer you what you need. Will be more economical too. You will be there near Super Bowl and other big time conventions. Prices everywhere will be outrageous.

Archived