Suggestions for kids 11 & 13 please

Beth & Rob

I've talked a friend who has 2 boys into coming with me on the Sapphire Princess to Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta and Cabo in November.

They've never been. I've been several times and generally grab a group of folks at the port, negotiate a 3-4 hour tour with one of the taxi's and then just walk around the shops.

Are there specific things you've done with kids this age that just wowed them and left them talking about it for months afterwards?

I do like to snorkle so I'm sure they'll enjoy that, especially in Cabo, but what else?

Thanks much!!

I've talked a friend who has 2 boys into coming with me on the Sapphire Princess to Mazatlan, Puerto Vallarta and Cabo in November.

They've never been. I've been several times and generally grab a group of folks at the port, negotiate a 3-4 hour tour with one of the taxi's and then just walk around the shops.

Are there specific things you've done with kids this age that just wowed them and left them talking about it for months afterwards?

I do like to snorkle so I'm sure they'll enjoy that, especially in Cabo, but what else?

Thanks much!!

My kids (and DH) still talk about the pirate boat in PV (Marigalante), they also liked horseback riding there. Snorkeling in Cabo is a good idea. Haven't been to Mazatlan so I can't help you there.

We took our teen nieces a couple of years ago, and they enjoyed:

Mazatlan- Randi's Happy Horses and time at the beach on Stone Island afterward

Puerto Vallarta- we got Mazatlan Frank's PV friend to meet us and customize a tour. Among other places, he took us to El Eden. It has really mixed reviews for the Canopy Tour, but the natural rock swimming pools, slides and ropes are really fun and you can sit in the restaurant and watch. We have pictures of our nieces taking rope swings right from the balcony next to our table. Order some beverages and some appetizers and just sit and enjoy. As long as you keep stuff on the table they don't mind if you swim for a couple of hours. This picture gives you some idea:

http://www.advantagemexico.com/puerto_vallarta/images/predatorset2.jpg

Viv

There’s a factor you have not considered. As a parent, you must consider the everyday protection factor any parent goes through. Now let’s add being somewhere you haven’t been to before and do it in a foreign country.

As a parent myself, I would be a whole lot calmer if arrangements were made BEFORE the cruise.

I'm afraid you lost me with your post. I've been to Mexico several times, both by cruise and have spent weeks there with my kids when they were younger.

What specific protection factor are you speaking of?

I love to go ziplining, and just booked the Los Veranos canopy tour for PV in November. My kids love to zipline, too.

They would definitely talk about that for months!

Horseback riding with Randi's Happy Horses in Mazatlan should also entertain them.

I like kayaking and waverunning in Cabo. There are a lot of beach activities to do there.

I have kids 7, 11 and 13 and we had a BLAST doing the dunebuggy trip in Cabo, and (as stated earlier) the Pirate Ship adventure on the Marigalante in PV is a real kick! Here are a couple of pictures.

IMG_1897-vi.jpg

IMG_1922-vi.jpg

IMG_1955-vi.jpg

IMG_2134-vi.jpg

IMG_2152-vi.jpg

IMG_2176-vi.jpg

Our first cruise to the Mexican Riviera is in March. But we did a zipline in Roatan and my kids (son was 13, daugter was 9) still talk about it, it was incredible! My daughter also loved the parasailing in Cozumel.

Archived