Beach facilities on Aruba

MACKAM

We are a family of 6 on the Constellation docking in Aruba on the 6th November 2008.We would like to spend some time at a hotel and use the pool and changing facilities and also to have a meal.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to our best option.We have heard the Hyatt on Palm Beach is very good,but have had no response from the hotel

Many thanks in advance for your suggestions

Mackam

We are a family of 6 on the Constellation docking in Aruba on the 6th November 2008.We would like to spend some time at a hotel and use the pool and changing facilities and also to have a meal.

Does anyone have any suggestions as to our best option.We have heard the Hyatt on Palm Beach is very good,but have had no response from the hotel

Many thanks in advance for your suggestions

Mackam

Try the Aruba Forum, scroll down to "Ports of Call". We went to a hotel 2 years ago to use the beach. The hotels I contacted offered beach use free, but no changing opportunity, pools for the use of registered guests only (no doubt insurance reasons), you could buy all the food you wanted! Chair rental was available from independent operators on the beach. Enjoy:)

B.

Try the Renaissance. They have a private island and you can purchase tickets when the hotel isn't at capacity. (early November is low season so there shouldn't be a problem) Not sure about using their pool.

The Riu Palace is also on Palm Beach. They're an all inclusive and they offer day passes. I have no idea what's available for changing facilities.

If all else fails, the beaches are all public. Take a taxi or the bus to Palm Beach and you're good to go. You can enter most of the hotels & resorts from the beach (Riu is the exception) and eat and/or drink at any of their restaurants or bars. They all have bathroom facilities that can be easily accessed.

We vacation in Aruba every year and just love it. Great beaches and wonderful people. Enjoy!

Day passes are available at the Renaissance, Occidental and Riu.

Renaissance day pass only allows use of their island, lunch and a drink. Price at the Renaissance is $75 per person for the day as long as hotel occupancy is below 90%.

The last I heard the day pass at the all inclusive Riu was $100 per person. I do not believe any of the day passes include changing facilities. An option would be to book two hotel rooms for the day.

Occidental Aruba Day Pass

Aruba Resorts With Day Passes

Day Pass to Renaissance Aruba Resort

There are vendors on both Palm Beach and Eagle Beach who rent chaises. Hotel facilities with the exception of bars and restaurants are for the most part, for the use of resort guests. Not to say, that someone would stop you from say using the restroom. Using the swimming pool etc may be a problem. Guess it depends upon security that day. I have heard many varying stories over the years.

You really don't need to pay a hotel to use the beach! Take a taxi, the beach is public and all have chair/umbrella rentals, restroom facilities, food, drinks....why pay a hotel?

Although this is technically correct, beach chairs and Palapas belong to the hotels and are reserved for hotel guests. Many of the hotels and resorts do pay attention to who is using the facilities.

Although this is technically correct, beach chairs and Palapas belong to the hotels and are reserved for hotel guests. Many of the hotels and resorts do pay attention to who is using the facilities.
all have chair/umbrella rentals

I think the point is there are rentals of chairs and umbrellas. :)

Archived