MS Amadante

PerthJohn

PerthJohn,

Did you post a review? I have alot of questions since we're taking Amadante next Sept.

What were the staterooms like? Which room were you in?

What time did you eat and what was offered?

What age range were the passengers?

Did they have dailies like cruise ships?

How were the tours?

How much on your own time after the tours?

What bath amenities did they have? and explain the bath layout.

What was the dress for evening?

When did the tours start in the morning?

Did you stay anywhere pre or post cruise?

Basicly, could you write a review??:)

Here are some answers to your questions. If I miss anything please ask again.

We stayed in Paris for a few days before we jointed the cuise in their Paris Hotel. We found Paris just great and really enjoyed it. The bus trip from Paris to Amsterdam was just a bus trip.

The ship was fantastic. It was only its second trip and infact they christened the ship during the cruise. Let me say the cruise director we had from APT was great her name was Sue and if you get her you will not have any problems.

On our cruise most of the paaengers were 50 + and came from mainly Australia with some from the US. We were in cabin 202 first cabin on the right side from the reception area. It was vey convenient and we really liked it. The cabin was nice, big enough and very comfortable. My wife did find the bed a little firm. The bath room is smallish but adequate. They are very generious with shampoo and conditioner, soap and the like.

The tours are ok with some spare after each tour. Most are walking tours with good guides. Most morning tour commenced at 8-30 or 9-00.

Our tour finished in Prague after a long bus ride from budapest.

Dress fore evening was casual with a couple of semi formal night. Most women wore a dressie top while men wore shirts and long trousers.

Email on the ship was a bit limited with laptops provided however we had a few days without access.

There were vey few english speaking TV channels on the incabin TV programs.

The food was great. For breakfast anything you wanted. 5 course lunch in the dinning room or a light lunch in the lounge. Again for dinner 5 course with unlimted good wine. There is one sitting usally at 7-pm and you sit where you like.

The ships crew were very helpful and we experienced no problems at all.

I hoped that helped.

John

Wow--thanks so much--that was helpful--we are on the Amacello in early September on the same tour. I am interested to know if one had a little down time in between arrival back from afternoon tours and dinner--enough time to get a shower and realx a bit. In getting to dining room, are there enough tables so that a party of 3 might get a table to oneself some evenings? We are friendly but some evenings after a full day that would be a pleasant option. Many thanks.

Wow--thanks so much--that was helpful--we are on the Amacello in early September on the same tour. I am interested to know if one had a little down time in between arrival back from afternoon tours and dinner--enough time to get a shower and realx a bit. In getting to dining room, are there enough tables so that a party of 3 might get a table to oneself some evenings? We are friendly but some evenings after a full day that would be a pleasant option. Many thanks.

Robyn - You will be reluctant to leave the Amacello after experiencing the shower. I want one at home just like it. Time after tours and before dinner varies, but you should have some down time before dinner most days.

There are some smaller tables with the best selection (of course) right at the start of dinner service.

WIT

My wife and I are sailing from Budapest to Amsterdam in Oct. We are fairly casual dressers. IE dress jeans and good shirt at nite. When you mentioned good pants for the men at night, just how good are you meaning?

Hi all, some more answers.

The bikes were used by a few passengers but not many. There was one organised bike ride about 30 km between towns. It was basically organised by the passengers by a high level coach and he looked after everyone. No ships crew went on the ride.

For Perth58 I wore trousers to most dinners, plain black. They just request that shorts not be worn at dinner. Its not really dress up.

PerthJohn

Does that mean my husband can get by without packing a sport coat for any dinners?

Yes,a sweater in the cold months or a collared shirt when warm will be the most common attire.

WIT

I only wore shirts to dinners mainly polo type and never a jacket because I did not take one. For the Captains dinner I wore a tie and most passenger didn't. On the cruise we just returned from it was warm to hot on most days. 38c in Budapest.

Perthjohn

Archived