Non-refundable shore excursions

redrobin

At what point are the higher priced, 'non-refundable' tours non-refundable - from the time you pre-reserve them on the cruise personalizer, or at a later date that's different from other excursions? Thanks!

Isn't it explained before you book?

Thanks Paul and Pia. No, not an overnight land tour. I just mean excursions like the helicopter flights. On the cruise personalizer, it says "This tour is non-refundable," so I don't know if that means when you pre-reserve it. I thought, even with these tours, you had some time to cancel, but I don't see that information online.

Thanks Paul and Pia. No, not an overnight land tour. I just mean excursions like the helicopter flights. On the cruise personalizer, it says "This tour is non-refundable," so I don't know if that means when you pre-reserve it. I thought, even with these tours, you had some time to cancel, but I don't see that information online.

Are you very close to departure? That could be why the tour is non-refundable. If there's any chance you'd be cancelling, I wouldn't book it at all. There are lots of helicopter tours out there. I presume you're doing Alaska? Or Hawaii?

Pia

gee i thought I knew everything but I gues I didn't. I wasn't aware that some of the tours thru Princess were non refundable.

What other cruises tours are not refundable... I've only ever seen refundable tours that could be cancelled usually 24 hours prior without penalty.

gee i thought I knew everything but I gues I didn't. I wasn't aware that some of the tours thru Princess were non refundable.

What other cruises tours are not refundable... I've only ever seen refundable tours that could be cancelled usually 24 hours prior without penalty.

I have only seen the non-refundable tours on a couple of our cruises. But, from what I have found out, once they are booked, they can not be cancelled and/or refunded. They do not have the time limit to cancel like other excursions, or even before you board, they are exactly as explained NON-REFUNDABLE. So, before booking one, make sure this is what you want to do and there are no other options available.

The overnite to Cairo excursion, booked through Princess, is just one of those we have seen in the past that are non-refundable.

Aslo, we have seen some helicopter sightseeing tours that also are non-refundable once booked.

i agree,once you book these,they are non-refundable from that point on,so make sure you want this excursion.

I've tried to get one twice to no avail. Next time (this November) I'm staying on the ship.

Pia

There's always a waiting list for them so how can they not be refundable?

Bingo - the term "waitlist" presumes something if "fully booked" but implies that could change. How can it if people holding bookings can't drop out (ergo, cancel?")

We're still waiting for an answer to this one!

This year on the Tahitian in Alaska flightseeing excursions were non-refundable after the day of embarkation, but were refundable up until that point, if I remember correctly...in any event, it was explained clearly in the cruise personalizer at the time I made the reservations, so there was no ambiguity.

This October we are on the Emerald TA. There is an excursion titled Florence, Pisa, and Gourmet Lunch from Livorno. At the bottom of the listing there is a notice that states "This excursion is not refundable and may not be exchanged once on board the ship."

Archived