Need to know everything about the Jewel of the Seas!

Hi. Anyone out there who has sailed on the Jewel of the Seas, could you please tell me all about her? The husband and I are looking at the March 6th 2005 6 day Western Caribbean Cruise out of Ft. Lauderdale.

We will be sailing on the Carnival Liberty in October for a 12 day Med. Cruise, but would like to do a cruise before then because that is too long to wait!

We love the new ships, so I know this is RCCL's newest, I have only sailed on Carnival and Sitmar before, and my husband has only been on Carnival ( the newer Carnival ships). I have heard that there are a lot of similarities between the two lines. We are in our late 20's, so we like the lines that cater to the younger ( and young at heart) crowd.

Also Spring Break, we would like to avoid that because we would prefer not to sail with hoards of kids, a small amount aren't too bad, but the masses are not pleasant. Looking at the prices, they jump the week after this cruise, so I am not anticipating the Spring Break crowd yet, I hope I am right! Does anyone know? Thanks in advance for your help!!!!

Holly B.

We'll be doing the 6 day western on the Jewel Dec. 12. I'll definitely post a review when I get back and I'm hoping that the folks sailing on Nov. 14 will post a review as well because that's her first 6 nighter in the Caribbean. Can't wait to hear about it.

i would give you review, but i went on a Canada/New England cruise on Jewel, which I am sure will be much different from a Caribbean cruise.

but i did take tons of pictures of the ship which you may be interested in looking out.

just follow the links in my signature.

also, i am 24, so i'm close to your age. i will tell you that i absolutely loved jewel. of my 7 cruises this is definitely the most beautiful ship i've ever sailed on. i don't think you would be at all disappointed if you chose this itinerary.

Thanks everyone! I think a 6 day cruise is just perfect, and I love the Western Caribbean Itinerary, plus, Ft. Lauderdale is pretty cheap to fly into from D.C. and we can take JetBlue non-stop. We love JetBlue - our favorite airline. It seems that the flights to Miami are over $100 more per person, same thing for Orlando, and to get to New Orleans is always pricey and the flights are few and far between and it's hard to find a non-stop.

How is it sailing out of Port Everglades? Is it as smooth sailing as Port Canaveral? I have heard that Miami is crazy, another reason to choose another port to sail out of.

Thanks Lauderdale Bob! I thought that Ft. Lauderdale would be less of a hassle. One of our good friends used to work with Customs in Miami and told us what a nightmare that port is. We look forward to visiting your beautiful city in February!

Archived