Favorite Picture of All Time

395988821_HhDGn-M.jpg

Me feeding pigeons in Venice Italy during our 10.01.08 Carnival Grand Mediterranean Cruise.

395988625_pmDvC-M.jpg

The Grand Canal in Venice Italy during our 10.01.08 Carnival Grand Mediterranean Cruise!

I love seeing pictures taken from the Rialto bridge. I see this shot a lot and the reason I love it is that the hotel my wife and I stayed at a few years back (after a Celebrity cruise) can be seen on the right and these photos bring back great memories. We had a room on the top floor with two windows that opened to the grand canal and the Rialto bridge. The view was beautiful, especially at night. I highly recommend it for those looking for a place to stay in Venice. I wasn't that expensive, maybe $200 a night back in 2006. The name of the place was Hotel Sturgeon, something like that. It was open for business in the 1400's but the bedding was new!

LFTM

I just couldn’t resist. Since I have not yet left on my fist “civilian” cruise I thought I’d post a couple of favorites from an Uncle Sam cruise.

asroc2_ls2.jpg

scott_storm2_norway.jpg

The bottom was taken when we left Norway, into a NASTY storm.

Wow, nice shots! Don't worry, your civilian cruise should be a little more calm than that.:D

I love seeing pictures taken from the Rialto bridge. I see this shot a lot and the reason I love it is that the hotel my wife and I stayed at a few years back (after a Celebrity cruise) can be seen on the right and these photos bring back great memories. We had a room on the top floor with two windows that opened to the grand canal and the Rialto bridge. The view was beautiful, especially at night. I highly recommend it for those looking for a place to stay in Venice. I wasn't that expensive, maybe $200 a night back in 2006. The name of the place was Hotel Sturgeon, something like that. It was open for business in the 1400's but the bedding was new!

LFTM

I'm so happy that the photos brought back happy memories. It's funny how one never forgets Venice, once they've been there. Yet, prior to visiting it's almost impossible to comprehend...sorta surreal, isn't it?

Take care,

Toni Lee

I just couldn’t resist. Since I have not yet left on my fist “civilian” cruise I thought I’d post a couple of favorites from an Uncle Sam cruise.

asroc2_ls2.jpg

scott_storm2_norway.jpg

The bottom was taken when we left Norway, into a NASTY storm.

Fargodakota - thanks for your pictures. To think I want to get 'platinum' status with 10 cruises with Carnival...(some day ;) ) and how many have YOU been on with Uncle Sam? You deserve Platinum status, not me, on your very first cruise...and your second....etc. You've earned it already!

Fargodakota - thanks for your pictures. To think I want to get 'platinum' status with 10 cruises with Carnival...(some day ;) ) and how many have YOU been on with Uncle Sam? You deserve Platinum status, not me, on your very first cruise...and your second....etc. You've earned it already!

Well, thank you for thinking so.

I am not sure how many times I have been out with Navy. I was only in for 3 years and had just under a year sea time. We were in over haul from when I reported in Feb until early May. Then we were gone more than we were in. 6 weeks off Columbia, 6 weeks to the North Atlantic, many week to 10 day cruises, and then off of the 6 month Med Cruise.

I really want to go back to the Med some time. That was so pretty. Such a rich blue water and dead flat.

We will get this one under our belts and work on the next ones. Alaska and Europe for sure, just not sure when.

We even had a visit from the Russians(Soviets at the time)

soviet_bear.jpg

This is such a great thread!

I love coming back to it each week!

I know I know MEEEEE TOOOOO! :)

I feel terrible I cant share any pics...pfffttt I do not have any worth sharing. All my good pics are on an old computer, I need to save them off on a 'floppy', thats how old it is, but then my new computer doesnt have a port for a floppy, only disc....so now I need a memory card thingy...that should work huh? I'm so not part of Geek Squad :p

Thank you everyone for sharing, gives me ideas on places to go...like ALASKA!

I know I know MEEEEE TOOOOO! :)

I feel terrible I cant share any pics...pfffttt I do not have any worth sharing. All my good pics are on an old computer, I need to save them off on a 'floppy', thats how old it is, but then my new computer doesnt have a port for a floppy, only disc....so now I need a memory card thingy...that should work huh? I'm so not part of Geek Squad :p

Thank you everyone for sharing, gives me ideas on places to go...like ALASKA!

Yes... if your old computer has a USB port you can get a "flash" or "jump" drive, save them there and then plug that into your new computer. If you don't have one, you can search on the internet for "flash memory". It keeps coming down in price so you should be able to get a decent one for less money than even a year ago.

HTH!

Yes... if your old computer has a USB port you can get a "flash" or "jump" drive, save them there and then plug that into your new computer. If you don't have one, you can search on the internet for "flash memory". It keeps coming down in price so you should be able to get a decent one for less money than even a year ago.

HTH!

Thank you Debra!!! :D :D :D

Gotta, That is an excellent phot.o How did you capture that? I like all the photos posted as they come from a wonderful time in someone's life that they want to share with others and at the same time the poster get to remember a wonderful moment in their lives. However, your photo reminds me of Oregon, I live in New England now, but I miss there. Thanks for the pic. Please give photo details! Thank you, Kaboochi

One week from today we will be on our first cruise.... So I will have a picture to share with you guys....

All of these pics are great... it's making me want to be on that ship NOW!

Counting down the days....... for the past 150+ days..... :D