Favorite Picture of All Time

Mine is a bit different then most others. This is from the Carnival Triumph, Oct. 2007. It was obviously during the Halloween party.

That's me on the left, my wife Karrie in the purple witch get-up and our new friends Rob and Jennifer next to us. What makes this so special for us is we met Rob and Jennifer on that cruise and have become life long friends. We traveled around the country to see each other after the cruise and they are now in Germany (Rob is in the Air Force.) We are traveling to Germany in the summer of 2009 to visit them for a few weeks.

The back-story to this photo is fun. My wife and I had planned for the party and brought our costumes. But Rob & Jennifer didn't know about it. We finally talked them into doing something for it, so while in San Juan we looked everywhere and finally found a Walgreen's that had some Halloween stuff and they spent like $10 each. We had a blast! One of my best memories from any cruise!

Wow, that was a lot of blah blah blah just for a picture. :o

DSC05661.JPG

Mine is a bit different then most others. This is from the Carnival Triumph, Oct. 2007. It was obviously during the Halloween party.

That's me on the left, my wife Karrie in the purple witch get-up and our new friends Rob and Jennifer next to us. What makes this so special for us is we met Rob and Jennifer on that cruise and have become life long friends. We traveled around the country to see each other after the cruise and they are now in Germany (Rob is in the Air Force.) We are traveling to Germany in the summer of 2009 to visit them for a few weeks.

The back-story to this photo is fun. My wife and I had planned for the party and brought our costumes. But Rob & Jennifer didn't know about it. We finally talked them into doing something for it, so while in San Juan we looked everywhere and finally found a Walgreen's that had some Halloween stuff and they spent like $10 each. We had a blast! One of my best memories from any cruise!

DSC05661.JPG

Great story behind the picture! :)

DSC05661.JPG

TTz - That is crazy you posted this. For a second I thought I was on the same cruise as you, but I was on the Triumph the week after after you.

While on that cruise, this pic was taken:

Arrrrrgggghhhhhh.jpg

This is a pic of me (pirate - red bandana) with my friend of 19 years Andrea (pink flapper) with Scott and Eddie, two friends we made on a cruise less than a year earlier. Andrea and I came about 5 minutes late to dinner the first night with these two sitting at our table in early December 2006 and they have been two of my BEST friends ever since. We have made the drive back and forth between Iowa and Ohio about 5-6 times since that first cruise, have taken a second cruise with them, and I even met up with them in NYC while visiting a college friend in PA. I talk to them nearly every single day and, actually, Eddie is flying out with a friend to visit me this weekend!

The 2nd or 3rd night of the cruise in December of '06 we decided to get our pics taken at the back drops before dinner and ended up these...two of my FAVORITE from that particular cruise. What we like to call our cheesy Prom Waterfall Pic and our Western pic:

Prom_night_was_AWESOME_.jpgShoot__em_up_western_picture.jpg

I love these two and have Carnival's dinner seating arrangement Gods to thank for their friendship!

There is a story that goes with this picture. At 41 my sister had a major stroke. To save her life they had to do surgery and as a result, take out about 1/3 of her skull....it stayed safe in her belly for over a year (because she had a staph infection post op they did not want to put it back too soon) while she recovered. At her most critical moment in the ICU, I held her hand and told her if she would only open her eyes I would take her anywhere in the world she wanted to go....her eyes flew open (the first of many miracles!), and as soon as she came off the ventilator she requested we go on a cruise. So in late April this year, almost 2 years after her stroke, we boarded the Legend with our mom, our other sister, two nieces and my sisters’ best friend. My sister wanted to swim with the dolphins more than anything else, so I scheduled the Royal Swim. Although VERY skeptical when we arrived, given my sisters physical limitations, the staff agreed to "let her try”. This picture was taken during the foot push.....what you can't see are the six women standing in the water watching her, laughing and crying at the same time. Since this day, my sister has continued to recover, expanding her horizons daily; because this moment in time renewed her confidence and made her realize that ANYTHING is possible!

2121356710064948802S600x600Q85.jpg

Your story truely touched my soul. Thank you. :)

TTz - That is crazy you posted this. For a second I thought I was on the same cruise as you, but I was on the Triumph the week after after you.

While on that cruise, this pic was taken:

Arrrrrgggghhhhhh.jpg

This is a pic of me (pirate - red bandana) with my friend of 19 years Andrea (pink flapper) with Scott and Eddie, two friends we made on a cruise less than a year earlier. Andrea and I came about 5 minutes late to dinner the first night with these two sitting at our table in early December 2006 and they have been two of my BEST friends ever since. We have made the drive back and forth between Iowa and Ohio about 5-6 times since that first cruise, have taken a second cruise with them, and I even met up with them in NYC while visiting a college friend in PA. I talk to them nearly every single day and, actually, Eddie is flying out with a friend to visit me this weekend!

The 2nd or 3rd night of the cruise in December of '06 we decided to get our pics taken at the back drops before dinner and ended up these...two of my FAVORITE from that particular cruise. What we like to call our cheesy Prom Waterfall Pic and our Western pic:

Prom_night_was_AWESOME_.jpgShoot__em_up_western_picture.jpg

I love these two and have Carnival's dinner seating arrangement Gods to thank for their friendship!

Wow! what a small world. Check out this picture.

scan00051.jpg

I agree, thank the Carnival seating arrangement system for wonderful things!

I couldn't choose just one.

Here is one of my favorite from our last cruise. It's taken on the dock at Costa Maya before the hurricane damage.

100_1035.jpg

I love this one of my daughter. She was just staring at her shadow. This was in Cozumel at the Puerta Maya dock. She looked so pensive.

100_1042.jpg

This is my son after I picked him up from Camp Carnival. The sunset was just perfect behind him.

100_1077-1.jpg

There needs to be more European pics.

/quote]

Ok, i can't remember if i already shared these pics in THIS thread, so forgive me if I have!:o :o

Europe062.jpg

A cruise ship in Nice, summer 2007

Europe489.jpg

This was taken off the coast of Sorrento, summer 2007

Europe622.jpg

I took this while flying over Germany, summer 2007! SO beautiful!!