Ensenada or Vancouver ?

spritzy

Well, I have never sailed FROM Vancouver but I have sailed INTO Vancouver and FROM Ensenada on the Hawaii cruises. The ocean did not seem any calmer or rougher either way....about the same. As far as the ports - go with what Spleen said....pick Vancouver!!!

I'd suggest Vancouver. It'll probably be a cheaper port to leave from (airfare wise) and is a great city with a lot more to do than Ensenada. In addition, most people fly into San Diego, necessitating a 3-hour bus ride across the border into Mexico before boarding the ship.

You can also sail RT to Hawaii out of both San Diego and Los Angeles without having to mess with Ensenada. More date options for these ports than Vancouver too.

That might be a good option, but it eliminates an option for a post-cruise extension to your vacation. In addition, those cruises are usually 15 days, with nearly 10 days at sea. If you like sea days, that's the way to go. However, if you are concerned about the "smoothness" of the sailing, extra see days may not be so desirable. Also keep in mind that the first two days going and the last two days coming back will be quite cold.

Just returned from the Serenade 10-07 Hawaii Cruise, AVOID ENSENADA at all costs. It is a royal pain in the ***. Luggage is the major issue, or shall I say the lack thereof and the poor people that try to help you find your luggage that was supposed to be on the bus and isn't are not very well trained in policy and proceedure. I am still looking for 1 piece of luggage......

Archived