Hotels In Ft Lauderdale Jan 2/2005

RECPILOT

:) Hi...you might want to check out the "hotel forum" but a few suggestions......Amerisuites, Embassy Suites, Renassiance, Marriott Marina,

Marriott Harbour Beach, Hyatt Peir 66.....or you can look for hotels on the beach if you prefer.

Depending on how much you want to spend, most everyone uses Priceline and most of the above mentioned are very near the port. Most are located on or near 17th Street.......with lots of restaurants all around and also near the water taxi which is fun and you can take it over to Las Olas Blvd or even all the way north on the intercoastal. $5.00 will get you an "All day Pass".

Hope this helps:)

We have booked Amerisuites both times we've sailed out of Ft. Lauderdale. They have a shuttle to the port or you can take a cab, which is very reasonable. The port is only a short ways from the hotel.

I booked it through Orbitz for Thanksgiving cruise and it was $72 total w/ their service fee. To book through the hotel was around $119.

We have recently booked a post cruise stay at the Howard Johnson in Fort Lauderdale on the beach for Feb 2005. We booked it at $95. The location will be great and we are hopeful that the hotel will be fine. The only other hotel we have stayed at was the Days Inn on North Ocean Blvd,further away from the main beach area. It wasn't fancy but was clean and close to the beach and walking distance to Lauderdale by the Sea.

Just booked through Priceline Category 3 Downtown for a pre cruise January 15,2005 and got 2 rooms for the Marriott Marina for $80 plus taxes or about $94 per room.............cannot beat that. Marriott or Orbitz web price for the same date/same hotel is $239 plus taxes.

Rich in N VA

I am finding it must be difficult to get hotels thru priceline because of our cruise date. we are also crusing Jan 2, 05, and staying the night prior in Ft Lauderdale, which means we need a hotel for Jan. 1, new years day. I have been attempting to obtain 4* beach zone Ft Lauderdale with no luck! I have gone as high as 136.00! It looks like if I want the Hyatt Pier 66 I need to book directly thru the hotel! Has anyone won a priceline bid for Jan. 1, 05 4* beach zone?

Just booked through Priceline Category 3 Downtown for a pre cruise January 15,2005 and got 2 rooms for the Marriott Marina for $80 plus taxes or about $94 per room.............cannot beat that. Marriott or Orbitz web price for the same date/same hotel is $239 plus taxes.

Rich in N VA

We will also be at the Marriott Marina on January 14 and 15. Also got the room for $80 plus taxes and fees. Priceline is the only way to fly.

I assume that you are on the Millenium!

Giorgi-one

Yes we are on the Millennium.....we have a small group of 10 (5 Cabins) and so far 4 of us have booked the Marriott Marina through priceline. Cannot beat the Priceline deal at Marriott..

How many is in your party and did you sign up for the cruise critic party?? I have a thread started for the Millennium January 16, 2005 and there is one other group that has signed on so far.

RIch in N VA

Just stayed at the Marriott Marina. Get there early and request a room in the Tower overlooking the ICW. Be sure to check out the gorgeous yachts moored there, including some of the biggest in the world (I saw Aussie Rules, Flamingo Daze, and Star Ship with its own helipad and helicopter). The pool and hot tub are nice, the rooms OK, and the views terrific!

We are going to stay on Pompano Beach 3 nights post cruise Jan 29 at the Beachcomber. Just read recent reviews that is was great as it was just remodeled, but I cannot seem to find anyone on the boards that has stayed there. It is on the beach, we got a suite on the top floor oceanfront for about $220 per night. A bit pricey so I hope we are doing the right thing.

We booked directly with the hotel after checking it out on their website.

Patti

I just booked this week thru Priceline, which I book all my hotels stays. I got the Renaissance for $95 a night and I was shocked at the price I had to pay. But I needed it for 12/31 and 1/1/05. I was bidding all the areas and was asking for 3 stars, but got "upgraded" to 4 stars. I was hoping for the Marriott Marina where I had stayed before. Oh well. I have read some bad reviews lately on the Hyatt, so I was trying to stay away from there.

We are actually sailing on the RCL Navigator out of Miami on 1/2/05, and I bid as high as $140 a night in several areas of Miami with out luck for 3 & 4 star hotels, so I decided to bid FLL to get a room and will take a limo to the Port of Miami.

Good luck, I do not understand why anyone would book directly with the hotels and pay outrageous rates. Even though I paid $95 / night each for two rooms, the going rate on the hotel's website, expedia, orbitz, etc....is $229 to $350 / night / room

Give me Priceline any day of the week. Just do your research as stated above in other posts.

We've booked the Holiday Inn Ft. Lauderdale Beach for Jan 22, 05 through Priceline for $90.00. We've stayed there before and find it clean and acceptable and of course right on the beach which is definately our preference.

We've also stayed at HoJo on the beach and although a great location the hotel has seen better days.

Dan

I'm at the Renassance also pre-cruise. It's not right down the street from the pier, but a cab ride doesn't bother me. I'd rather go for luxury and comfort. Especially for the price of "FREE"! Used reward points and even got an upgrade to the concierge level. (Concierge on Millenium too - i detect a theme:D )

Personally, I hate to start such a wonderful cruise by staying at some cheap hotel. Have not heard good things about Pier 66 (old building kind of beat up). HOJO's not so great either. But, for people that just want a place to lay their head before their cruise I'm sure any place is adequate and by no means judge based on where someone stays. It's all about the end goal - GOING ON A CRUISE!!!

Archived