Cybercabin Discontinued???

Just called C&A for upcoming cruise on the JOS in September. Asked what the cost of a cybercabin was for that cruise? Was told that cybercabin was not being offered any longer on any of the RCL ships? Has anyone else heard this? WiFi & internet cafe are available, but not cyber cabin.:(

No more Cybercabin (at least on the Radiance) from what I know. Wifi is available in hotspots on the ship and in staterooms. The per minute is 55 cents or you can purchase the following packages:

60 mins $28.00

90 mins $38.00

150 mins $55.00

And if bringing your own laptop, be sure to also bring a wireless access card, as RC no longer rents these.

I have read reports that if your cabin is near one of the hotspots, you might get wifi in the cabin - but of course that is hit or miss. On Enchantment the hot spots were clustered in the atrium and aft of the atrium on those middle public decks, and I think there was also one up in the pool/Solarium area.

Does this mean that RCCL will be making WiFi available in ALL cabins across the fleet? If so, it would be excellent...

Internet access is important to husband (to keep in touch with his business back home), so good access is pretty important.

Still, wish that the cost would come down a bit...

Boo

Cybercabin was still available on Brilliance in May/June, although WiFi hotspots existed (library, Lattetudes and a few other places). The price was $125 for 12-nights of unlimited usage, but it's at dial-up speeds.

Bummer !!!!! One of the better deals at Sea....... Might save me from having to carry an extra 5# through the airport.

Thanks for the confirmation.

I'm quoting 'madforcruising' here, who posted this in a previous thread titled 'Wifi': "But you have to take into account here, that their computers are slower than the wifi and more important using your own computer you can i.e. download emails, get offline, read through them and write some replies and then only get online again for sending.

When using their computers you have to stay online all the time while reading and typing replies".

So you may still want to consider bringing your own laptop. Also, possibly use internet cafes in some of the ports...at no charge in some cases. I don't have personal experience with this, but hope it helps. :)

Last April on Voyager, we were in a deck 7 balcony halfway between the hump and the stern. There wasn't a "published" hotspot anywhere close to us, and certianly not on the same deck. Strangely, I had a medium strength signal from the desk in the cabin!

Cybercabin was still available on Brilliance in May/June, although WiFi hotspots existed (library, Lattetudes and a few other places). The price was $125 for 12-nights of unlimited usage, but it's at dial-up speeds.

Dial-up speeds would have been a great improvement over what I saw using WiFi from my cabin (even with a strong signal) on the Liberty of the Seas last year! :D

Dial-up speeds would have been a great improvement over what I saw using WiFi from my cabin (even with a strong signal) on the Liberty of the Seas last year! :D

Uh ho! We're headed off on Liberty in November and will be bringing the laptop as we always do. I'll be interested to see what speeds we get. Did you find a faster hotspot onboard or did you just try in your cabin?

Karen

Archived