What Would You Like to See Gone?

sail7seas

Seeing as many are resistent to change in most forms on the ships, is there anything you would LIKE to see disappear? Anything aboard really annoy you or you think a total waste?

Seeing as many are resistent to change in most forms on the ships, is there anything you would LIKE to see disappear? Anything aboard really annoy you or you think a total waste?
Disembarkation.

Blue skies ...

--rita

The Photo Gallery! It should be replaced by a couple of kiosks where your photos could be viewed by swiping your keycard. (Of course the keycard would have to be swiped or scanned when the pics were taken to set up the link.) Better yet, set it up so that the pics can be viewed from your room TV. But - given HAL's technology track record - I'm not holding my breath! :D

I guess if I am resistant to change on HAL, it's because I am more than satisfied with the product.

I agree with the above posters, the photographers could be eliminated and I would be OK with it ...

But there are many who like having their pictures taken or who enjoy posing for the more formal photographs.

One person's annoyance is another's pleasure!

I'd like to see the amount of paperwork in the cabin lessened - so many enclosures with the daily events paper. Barring that, how about a recycling box in the cabin or on the floor?

Second, ditch the shopping talks that seem to be little more than a plug for the stores that probably "kick back" to the cruise lines.

Sometimes Noro isn't such a bad thing. You are served at the Lido and the line moves quicker,and people aren't taking plates with mountains of food. Being served is part of the cruise experience,anyone can stand on line with a tray,they do that at Rikers Island.

I guess if I am resistant to change on HAL, it's because I am more than satisfied with the product.

I agree with the above posters, the photographers could be eliminated and I would be OK with it ...

But there are many who like having their pictures taken or who enjoy posing for the more formal photographs.

One person's annoyance is another's pleasure!

Most companies that stagnate, fail eventually. Our society and Canada have changed dramatically in the last 25 years and HAL must as well.

No one loves HAL more than us, Not Anyone! There is NO more LOYAL Mariner than us.

We are HAL's most loyal fans.

Some changes we have vehementally resisted but we understand some change is required for success to continue.

Oops! I am booked on a HAL cruise but have not sailed with them before, so i obviously spoke too soon about the recycling thing. I recently got off Princess and saw no recycling boxes or bins anywhere. So kudos to HAL!!

Oops! I am booked on a HAL cruise but have not sailed with them before, so i obviously spoke too soon about the recycling thing. I recently got off Princess and saw no recycling boxes or bins anywhere. So kudos to HAL!!

The waste basket in every cabin has a blue container hanging off into which we can put paper for recycling. HAL has done that for years.

Most companies that stagnate, fail eventually. Our society and Canada have changed dramatically in the last 25 years and HAL must as well.

No one loves HAL more than us, Not Anyone! There is NO more LOYAL Mariner than us.

We are HAL's most loyal fans.

Some changes we have vehementally resisted but we understand some change is required for success to continue.

Is HAL stagnating?

What if someone had suggested dropping formal night? Wouldn't that be a change? And reflective of how "casual" attire is becoming more accepted in the business world?

Again, all about choices. What I want to see changed is not what someone else wants to see changed.

So whose changes do we go with?

Plus ca change, plus c'est la meme chose. ;)

As far as absolutes ... not so good to use them.

I agree that way too much paper was sent to our cabin. It ended up in the paper recycling box attached to the trashbasket but it would be better if it had not been printed. There were also recycling bins on the promenade.

I would not do away with but would do a better job of screening lecturers. The ones on our trip were not very knowledgable nor good speakers. It is discouraging to sit through a lecture and realize that you know more than the speaker on this subject and your own knowledge is very superficial.

I'd also have a naturalist out on deck in Glacier Bay. There was quite a bit of wildlife especially as we entered the bay. My family had bird and mammal guides with us and were able to identify what we were seeing and answer questions from those nearby, but many of the passengers on the bow did not know where to look or what they were looking at.

My sister and I filled out our comments cards together and laughed as we only had two replies- not applicable for most questions and excellent if it applied to us. I was not bothered at all that there were lots of activities I had no interest in and quite a few facilities that I never used. I enjoyed the experience I had. Actually, I was glad that others were occupied in activities I was not interested in- less crowding for what I wanted to do!

The waste basket in every cabin has a blue container hanging off into which we can put paper for recycling. HAL has done that for years.

Unfortunately I have seen too many of the cabin stewards dump the regular waste basket the blue container with paper into the same garbage bag in their storage/work area.

Guess what? The "new" waste baskets on Eurodam are square, metal and have a partition with 2/3 of said container designed for waste and 1/3 for recycables - no more blue plastic container hanging from the side of the can!

Reduce the impact of the art auctions.

Discontinue Chef's Dinner and Dutch Night

Go to Smart Casual every night... and enforce it.

Clean up the Mariner's Recognition program on board

Replace the poor attempts at Las Vegas reviews with good musicians, vocalists, and one or two person acts of real quality (and save money in the process).

Archived