2nd Upgrade?

sissy2000

Has anyone ever received another upgrade after turning one down? We received an upgrade from AE to AA (very nice upgrade!) but it was at the same time there was a price decrease. They said we could not do both, so we kept the AE category and took the price reduction. I was hoping we would still get an upgrade. Then I got to thinking maybe since we turned one down they would not upgrade us?

The real problem is that we booked the minisuite in order to get the bathtub (my husband had a hip replacement and likes to soak in a tub). Now I find that the AE category actually has only two rooms (D732 and D733)--it is really a guarantee category. Those two rooms do not have tubs. Princess does not mention this on their site--I found it out reading Cruise Critic :) I'm afraid if I wait for another upgrade and don't get one, they may leave us in one of those two rooms (since we turned the upgrade down). At that point it might be too late to do anything about it.

Anyway, the original question is--has anyone ever received an upgrade after turning one down? Thanks!

Has anyone ever received another upgrade after turning one down? We received an upgrade from AE to AA (very nice upgrade!) but it was at the same time there was a price decrease. They said we could not do both, so we kept the AE category and took the price reduction. I was hoping we would still get an upgrade. Then I got to thinking maybe since we turned one down they would not upgrade us?

The real problem is that we booked the minisuite in order to get the bathtub (my husband had a hip replacement and likes to soak in a tub). Now I find that the AE category actually has only two rooms (D732 and D733)--it is really a guarantee category. Those two rooms do not have tubs. Princess does not mention this on their site--I found it out reading Cruise Critic :) I'm afraid if I wait for another upgrade and don't get one, they may leave us in one of those two rooms (since we turned the upgrade down). At that point it might be too late to do anything about it.

Anyway, the original question is--has anyone ever received an upgrade after turning one down? Thanks!

It is possible, especially when booking an AE guarantee. But just keep in mind that someone DOES end up in those AE mini suites. So, something to think about whether you decide to book a stateroom that you know you will have a tub or take your chances. Upgrades are something you can never count on and if my husband had to have a tub, personally, I wouldn't be taking the chance that 'WE' ended up in one of those AE minis without a tub.

Archived