another food question

lynnw68

They have all of usual deli meat selections (turkey, ham, roast beef, corned beef, etc..) But what make the sandwiches special are the breads and rolls. Always fresh.

My personal favorite is slice turkey on a country roll with a slice of swiss cheese (washed down with a big glass of lemonade, of course). I usually average 1 per day on a cruise. My mouth is salivating just thinking of one right now.

The grilled reuben seems to be really popular also. I think the deli is closed when you first get on the ship....but i could be wrong.

Dr. Jack

Cold Sandwiches

Tuna Salad on White Bread

Smoked Salmon on Bagel

Roast Beef on Baguette

Arugula, Roast Pepper and Mozzarella on Focaccia (vegetarian)

Hot Sandwiches

Turkey on County Roll

Grilled Ham and Cheese Sandwich

Grilled Reuben Sandwich

Corned Beef, Swiss Cheese, Sauerkraut, on Rye

Pastrami on Rye

Corned Beef on Rye

Corned Beef and Pastrami Combo

Turkey Wrap

Tuna Melt

Side Items

Sweet and Sour Slaw

Pickle Spears

They have all of usual deli meat selections (turkey, ham, roast beef, corned beef, etc..) But what make the sandwiches special are the breads and rolls. Always fresh.

My personal favorite is slice turkey on a country roll with a slice of swiss cheese (washed down with a big glass of lemonade, of course). I usually average 1 per day on a cruise. My mouth is salivating just thinking of one right now.

The grilled reuben seems to be really popular also. I think the deli is closed when you first get on the ship....but i could be wrong.

Dr. Jack

Hi Dr Jack! Things are a lot clearer now regarding another thread that you and I agreed on. I'm trying to figure out how I can get you my email address so I can explain further. Too bad we can't send private messages like on other boards.

Does anybody have the selections available at the deli? Is the deli open when you board the ship? Thanks!!! (I tried to do a search but it was down)

I beleive it is open when you board. I don't know if it is the same on each ship. On the conquest I had the rueben one time based on the recommendations of others and wasn't really impressed. My wife had the turkey roll up and it looked awesome and I tasted a little bit and it was good. I also had the Smoked Salmon on a bagel. YUM There were like 7-8 sandwiches to choose from and you could alter them a bit.

Hi Dr Jack! Things are a lot clearer now regarding another thread that you and I agreed on. I'm trying to figure out how I can get you my email address so I can explain further. Too bad we can't send private messages like on other boards.

MikeKV -

Feel free to e-mail me at sarah41-1992@msn.com. This is my junk e-mail address so I don't care if it is spammed to death. :D

Dr. Jack

I think it depends upon the ship. When we boarded the Victory last Thursday, the deli was not open. It opened later (it was open at 4:00pm but I don't know how much earlier it had opened) Their Reubens truly are exceptional.

From our Glory capers in May, on embarkation day, this is the listing under the "Food & Drink Showcase" for "Embarkation Lunch":

11:30pm - 3:30 pm - Red Sail Restaurant, Lido Dk 9 Aft

Enjoy Oriental fare from "The Oriental," fresh sandwiches from "The Deli." steaks and burgers from "The Grill," Seafood delight from "Fish and Chips," (upper level of Lido Dk 9 Restaurant). Enjoy exciting selections from daily buffet and 24 hour Pizzeria.

The Reubens are good, but they certainly aren't the best I've ever had. That honor would go to Corky & Lenny's in Cleveland!

Does anybody have the selections available at the deli? Is the deli open when you board the ship? Thanks!!! (I tried to do a search but it was down)

The deli is open as soon as you board the ship. The first food item I get when I head up to Lido is my Grilled Tuna on White with extra tomatos and mayo.

Fred

I am with everyone on the Turkey on a Country roll, took me 3 cruises before I found the deli. The first one I had they grilled and after that I always had to ask for it grilled but it was sooooo good, I can't wait for one in October, ok well maybe more than one ;)

The Reubens are good, but they certainly aren't the best I've ever had. That honor would go to Corky & Lenny's in Cleveland!

For me, it was The Vault restaurant in Antioch, Illinois... served on that scrumptious black bread and thin thin corned beef instead of slices... mmmmm. HEAVENLY.

I am with everyone on the Turkey on a Country roll, took me 3 cruises before I found the deli. The first one I had they grilled and after that I always had to ask for it grilled but it was sooooo good, I can't wait for one in October, ok well maybe more than one ;)

Turkey on a Country roll is new to me, so I guess I will have to give that one a try also this Nov.

Fred

The deli is a spot not to be missed. It puts Subway to shame. Don't be afraid to accept only one type of bread. If you like pastrami, you don't have to accept it only on rye bread, you can get it on the french roll as well for example.

And if there is a small grill there, have the guy grill the bread for you some as well.

Archived