Millie Cabins 8107, 8099

bjbear

I'm sorry if this has been posted before but I've tried the "search" thread for the past week and all I get is Thread down or not working. :( Has anyone stayed in either CC cabins 8107 or 8099 on Millie and, if so, are there obstructions. What can you tell me about these cabins. Thanks so much. :D

Sue

I'm sorry if this has been posted before but I've tried the "search" thread for the past week and all I get is Thread down or not working. :( Has anyone stayed in either CC cabins 8107 or 8099 on Millie and, if so, are there obstructions. What can you tell me about these cabins. Thanks so much. :D

Sue

We were in CC 8103 (right next door to 8107) in May 2007 for a cruise from Southampton to Barcelona. No obstructions of any kind.

While I did not see inside 8107, our cabin had the new mattresses, sheets, comforter and "bed scarf", but the bed skirt, draperies, carpet and sofa were all much older goods. They were clean, but quite worn and some parts were discoloured.

The new bedding was taupe and white and the bed scarf was burnt orange, but the older soft goods were primarily minty green and a yellowish neutral...not a clean enough colour to call ivory. The bathroom was in very good shape, the towels were soft and fluffy, and the stateroom and bathroom were kept absolutely spotless. Our cabin steward, Rodney, was one of the best we've ever had. Beyond excellent as a steward, he was also one of the kindest men I have ever met.

I'm a big fan of Celebrity's product, but the interior of our CC room was definately tired, and to tell the truth, a little sad. I would cruise again on the Millenium in a heartbeat, because the service was outstanding, the entertainment was good, and the food was above average (and several cuts above RCCL, which we sailed for the first time in December 2007).

However, I would have trouble recommending the Millie right now to anyone who hadn't sailed her before and formed an attachment to her, as I would be afraid that new cruisers would be disappointed in the condition of the soft goods and carpeting. They really are not acceptable for a premium cruise line.

There are 13 pictures of Millennium CC 8185 (aft, so larger balcony) at the link below. These pictures are from April 2008.

http://good-times.webshots.com/photo/2272351610102303661EmxIjB

These pictures reflect, pretty much, the condition of our stateroom, although the sofa in our stateroom wasn't as bad as the one in these pictures.

I'm sorry that Celebrity is letting the diminished condition of the cabin soft goods go so long without refurbishing. The Millennium is a lovely ship, and deserves better.

Elena7seas, thanks so much for responding! :) We've never been on Millie although have been on other Celebrity ships. I love the line but hope they do some refurbishing of Millie. Our cruise is a long time out so maybe we'll get lucky.

Sue

Elena7seas, thanks so much for responding! :) We've never been on Millie although have been on other Celebrity ships. I love the line but hope they do some refurbishing of Millie. Our cruise is a long time out so maybe we'll get lucky.

Sue

You're very welcome. I know Celebrity has plans in the works to replace the soft goods, so I hope it will be done by the time you cruise. When we sailed on the Millennium last April/May, it was the first sailing after coming out of drydock. Quite a bit of carpeting had been replaced and the public areas of the ship looked good. I think there is still some upholstery in the public areas that they are planning to replace, or maybe even have done so by now.

Honestly, one of the biggest problems for me in the staterooms is, with the combination of the new bedding and the old softgoods, there is no cohesive colour scheme whatsoever. (I think you'd admit that burnt orange and mint green is pretty disconcerting :p ). The overall effect, on entering the room, is rather grim, but the room is very comfortable and after the first few minutes, you really forget about the decor, and just relax into all that pampering! :D

Enjoy looking forward to your cruise!

• 4 months later...

Hi - We have just booked the Millie room 8099 for June 09 to Alaska. How was your room? I asked our TA to make sure that view was not obstructed and not near any noisy areas. I was hoping to get a confirmation from someone who has stayed in this room. This is my first cruise!

Hi - We have just booked the Millie room 8099 for June 09 to Alaska. How was your room? I asked our TA to make sure that view was not obstructed and not near any noisy areas. I was hoping to get a confirmation from someone who has stayed in this room. This is my first cruise!

I was in the 8103, next door to 8099 in May 2007 (see my post above).

There was no noise from above, and no obstructions whatever to the view from my room, or the adjacent rooms.

I understand that the Millennium is going into drydock in April 2009, and that carpeting and soft goods are due to be replaced at that time, but I haven't seen any specific references to cabins.

I hope they will redo the cabin carpeting, draperies and sofa/chair fabrics, as that is definitely needed.

I am booked on a Wine Cruise on Millie for September 2009, and am really looking forward to it. It would be icing on the cake if the rooms are redone :).

You're very welcome. I know Celebrity has plans in the works to replace the soft goods, so I hope it will be done by the time you cruise. When we sailed on the Millennium last April/May, it was the first sailing after coming out of drydock. Quite a bit of carpeting had been replaced and the public areas of the ship looked good. I think there is still some upholstery in the public areas that they are planning to replace, or maybe even have done so by now.

Honestly, one of the biggest problems for me in the staterooms is, with the combination of the new bedding and the old softgoods, there is no cohesive colour scheme whatsoever. (I think you'd admit that burnt orange and mint green is pretty disconcerting :p ). The overall effect, on entering the room, is rather grim, but the room is very comfortable and after the first few minutes, you really forget about the decor, and just relax into all that pampering! :D

Enjoy looking forward to your cruise!

Our FV on the constellation was like this too. No scheme what so ever. The bright orange couches, turquoise crazy pattern drapes, Aqua blue carpet and then the new tan bedding. Kinda funky..:cool:

that orange fabric must wear link iron because it is on the Solstice. In the sky observatory..and yes, with blue carpet..:eek:

I think there were two different teams of interior designers on the Solstice. Some areas of the ship are beautiful and have been handled handled so tastefully.

Then there are a few areas that are just inexplicable. I know, I really should suspend judgment until I see the ship in person, but honestly, who was responsible for that carpet in the Tuscan Grille?

Archived