Cave Tubing: how's the water?

lanette71

We're cruising the first week of November and want to go cave tubing in Belize. Is the water in the caves too cold in November?

We tubed in Feb or March one year and they had some of the coldest weather that they had on record with nighttime temps in the 50's. The water was a little cool but we made it fine. You should be great in Nov.

BTW, welcome to the boards.

Thanks for the reassurance! Now I just have to convince hubby that he won't die of hypothermia. It sounds like a blast.

If hub is like one of the guys on our trip, (zero body fat) you might go online and purchase a short 3mm wetsuit. They run around $30 on up. On our trip slim was shivering like a dog expelling peach seeds. Fortunately I had a nice insulating layer that kept me nice and warm.:D

We went in December and the water was really cold when you first got in, but in just a few seconds I was used to it and never even noticed the water temp. the rest of the trip. And I hate cold water! Unless you hit an unusual cold spell, you'll be fine.

The air temperature was in the 80's that day.

We're cruising the first week of November and want to go cave tubing in Belize. Is the water in the caves too cold in November?

We will be cruising the first week in November also. What ship will you be on? We will be on the Glory.

Archived