Stay Safe Galveston!

SoonerOne

My boss and I just looked up the storm on his weather station on the internet....it looks really bad......I just wanted to wish all our local Galveston people well and please stay safe....we're thinking of you:)

Thanks OKC.

We really need the rain. The surf was flat yesterday morning, but by noon was raging along the seawall.

Family and dog went to weekly band concert last night; weather was beautiful.

It is gray and windy this morning. We are so far behind in rain, plants and grass are either dead or dying, so we need this storm.

I am watching you live on the Galveston web cam and the ocean looks really rough!! Palm trees are swaying too.....makes me nervous just watching:eek:

Hey, I was just noticing your previous cruises.....not tried the Conquest yet???? I love that ship!

Thanks OKC.

We really need the rain. The surf was flat yesterday morning, but by noon was raging along the seawall.

Family and dog went to weekly band concert last night; weather was beautiful.

It is gray and windy this morning. We are so far behind in rain, plants and grass are either dead or dying, so we need this storm.

Just when is the "Hurricane Season" in the Gulf Region area? I would assume that during this time it would he hit or miss when it comes to cruising.

Just when is the "Hurricane Season" in the Gulf Region area? I would assume that during this time it would he hit or miss when it comes to cruising.

Officially I believe it is June through November, but historically the biggest action is September and October.

Officially I believe it is June through November, but historically the biggest action is September and October.

That's another reason we like to go in February, no hurricanes, not many kids and it's cold in Oklahoma at that time, good reason to get to Galveston:D

No worries mates, Dolly was a small one. Wind and rain in Galveston and Houston. If it would have tracked further east, then we would have had a problem, mostly with coastal flooding, wind and rain.

Someone asked about "Cane" season, in Texas its July through November with August/September being the prime months for Hurricanes along the Gulf coast.

If we get an early cold front in October, you can usually stopped fretting over Hurricanes hitting this area. That is not to say that they will not form up and come this way, just unlikely.

Well, I'll be watering the lawn in the morning. Not enough rain to fill a teacup.

Still windy and surf is rough, but the rain took a wide turn from us. Sun came out this afternoon. We really need rain - it is so dry on the island. The mainland gets rain almost every day.

It's dry as a bone in central Texas, too. I am up tonight watering since we can only do so on Wednesday and Saturday nights, and we will be cruising for the next few watering nights.

Weather.com says Galveston only has a 20% chance of rain for Friday and Saturday.

It's dry as a bone in central Texas, too. I am up tonight watering since we can only do so on Wednesday and Saturday nights, and we will be cruising for the next few watering nights.

Weather.com says Galveston only has a 20% chance of rain for Friday and Saturday.

It's dry here too in Oklahoma, 100 every day:eek: I water in the early morning and my husband waters in the evening.......

Can we all go on your cuise with you?????

JK/LOL

Have a great time and let us know how it goes!:)

No worries mates, Dolly was a small one. Wind and rain in Galveston and Houston. If it would have tracked further east, then we would have had a problem, mostly with coastal flooding, wind and rain.

Someone asked about "Cane" season, in Texas its July through November with August/September being the prime months for Hurricanes along the Gulf coast.

If we get an early cold front in October, you can usually stopped fretting over Hurricanes hitting this area. That is not to say that they will not form up and come this way, just unlikely.

Hurricane Season is June 1st through Nov. 30th, even in Texas. We live down here by Freeport on the Texas Gulf Coast and we usually get hit the hardest in August/September. We pray for those early October cold fronts!!!

Hi, I'm the original poster.....and I have the same message today......I just viewed the web cams there in Galveston and it looks like ya'll are getting slammed with rain, wind etc....stay safe Galveston friends:)

Windy, some rain. The plants are loving it!

Sunday night looked like we were in for a terrible storm. Monday dawned absolutely drop dead gorgeous. No wind , rain or clouds at all yesterday. Woke this morning hoping it was raining. The storm missed us, but we have rain! Not bad enough to stay cooped up. Opened the shutters and now taking grandkids to Moody Gardens for the IAMX theaters.

Hope we don't have to wait another 3 months for a good soaking.

Watching the webcam, I noticed that Ecstasy sailed in Monday and then left later that day. Did they really re-load and sail back out into the gulf with the storm that close? I would have guessed that they would leave it docked and either delay or cancel that cruise!!

Watching the webcam, I noticed that Ecstasy sailed in Monday and then left later that day. Did they really re-load and sail back out into the gulf with the storm that close? I would have guessed that they would leave it docked and either delay or cancel that cruise!!

They won't leave a ship docked in the path of a storm. They could have left early - many ships have been known to do that.

They won't leave a ship docked in the path of a storm. They could have left early - many ships have been known to do that.

This is true...my SIL is in the Navy and when a storm looks like it's going to hit their port, they get the heck out. It does a lot of damage to a ship being docked and getting slammed by a hurricane. :eek:

Archived