QE2 - Changing Cabins

Transatlantic Tom

While aboard QE2 for two separate and consecutive crossings/cruises/voyages, has anyone ever moved from one cabin to another ???

The reason I ask is because my wife and I have a chance to upgrade from our current cabin grade for the QE2 westbound October transatlantic crossing (Southampton to NY), and then revert to our current cabin grade for the return Eastbound crossing (NY to Southampton)...the upshot of it being in one cabin, then switching to another the day the ship sails in & out of NY.

We are planning on going ashore into Manhattan for the day, and I don't want to be lingering on board QE2 until Noon or 1 PM, waiting to move from one cabin to another.

Has anyone dealt with this issue on QE2 ?? How is it handled ??

Thanks !

not a problem i have done this a few times pack your bags as if you were departing inform your steward & pursers desk that you will in a different cabin for the return leg tell them the cabin numbers & when you come back on-board your bags will be in your new cabin

We changed cabins between the Christmas and World cruises. Basically it's as zider says except we were told not to pack anything that was hanging - the stewards would move the things on the hangers without any need to pack them - if you remember (and if you saw) we had both light and dark wood coat hangers in a dark wood cabin.

The secret is to get as much as you can on hangers, Iv done this a few times and its very easy, the only thing is that you new cabin will be locked, so its probably easier to go to the pursers office before going to the new cabin and they will arrange someone to be there to open it for you.

Not sure how it works in New York

If your intransit in Southampton you gain from the inport lunch in the Britannia Grill for those intransit passengers and If you happen to go ashore, and return while the masses are checking in, just say the magic words "Intransit Passenger" and they whisk you past everybody, and if your really early you can use the crew entrance .

Many thanks, Zider & Malcolm, for your prompt reply ! It sounds all too easy, and I won't worry about it at all...and likely go ahead and grab our chance to upgrade on the WB crossing !!!

Cheers !!!

Hey Tom, totally off topic, but do you have any shots of QE2 cabin 4115? I noticed on a thread from a couple of years ago you were booked in this M1.

Thanks,

Mike

• 2 weeks later...
The secret is to get as much as you can on hangers, Iv done this a few times and its very easy, the only thing is that you new cabin will be locked, so its probably easier to go to the pursers office before going to the new cabin and they will arrange someone to be there to open it for you.

Not sure how it works in New York

If your intransit in Southampton you gain from the inport lunch in the Britannia Grill for those intransit passengers and If you happen to go ashore, and return while the masses are checking in, just say the magic words "Intransit Passenger" and they whisk you past everybody, and if your really early you can use the crew entrance .

Thanks for the VERY helpful information...including the bit about re-boarding the day in port !!

Hey Tom, totally off topic, but do you have any shots of QE2 cabin 4115? I noticed on a thread from a couple of years ago you were booked in this M1.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike:

You don't miss much, do you ??? Yes, in fact I do have some photos of 4115 - an "L" shaped cabin with a porthole. I'm not terribly IT savvy, so I'm not sure how to post the photos here. If you want to risk putting your e-mail address here on the boards, I'd be happy to e-mail two or three views of 4115 to you.

Mike:

You don't miss much, do you ??? Yes, in fact I do have some photos of 4115 - an "L" shaped cabin with a porthole. I'm not terribly IT savvy, so I'm not sure how to post the photos here. If you want to risk putting your e-mail address here on the boards, I'd be happy to e-mail two or three views of 4115 to you.

I would really appreciate it if you could email them to:

ships at thecruisegeek dot com

How did you find the cabin? It looks cosy, but nice in the plans.

• 2 weeks later...
Hey Tom, just a bump here in case it slipped your mind.

Cheers,

Mike

Mike:

Sorry about taking so long to get back to you !!!

Check your e-mails...there should be a message from me now - WITH PHOTOS !!!

I hope that they give you a good sense of the cabin !

Best wishes -

The reason I ask is because my wife and I have a chance to upgrade from our current cabin grade for the QE2 westbound October transatlantic crossing (Southampton to NY), and then revert to our current cabin grade for the return Eastbound crossing (NY to Southampton)...the upshot of it being in one cabin, then switching to another the day the ship sails in & out of NY.

Hey Tom,

I didn't know you were on the Westbound QE2 crossing. It will be good to see you again! I didn't see you post on the roll calls.

I hope all is well.

Ernie

Mike:

Sorry about taking so long to get back to you !!!

Check your e-mails...there should be a message from me now - WITH PHOTOS !!!

I hope that they give you a good sense of the cabin !

Best wishes -

Thank you so much Tom, I really appreciate them. It looks like a nice little cabin - I think I'll enjoy my final eastboaud TA. :D

Thanks again!

Thank you so much Tom, I really appreciate them. It looks like a nice little cabin - I think I'll enjoy my final eastboaud TA. :D

Thanks again!

My pleasure, Mike !!!

Hey - one of the wardrobes/closets in 4115 creaks and groans (in a nice way) in rougher seas...if you like that kind of atmospheric thing, you may want to pray for some lively weather !!!

Hey Tom,

I didn't know you were on the Westbound QE2 crossing. It will be good to see you again! I didn't see you post on the roll calls.

I hope all is well.

Ernie

Ernie:

Great to hear from you !!! It will be a delight and a pleasure to see you again - looking forward to it !!!

Fond memories of the January '06 WB with you, Anne Haines, and many other friends....

Best wishes from Jan - we'll see you soon !!

Ernie:

Great to hear from you !!! It will be a delight and a pleasure to see you again - looking forward to it !!!

Fond memories of the January '06 WB with you, Anne Haines, and many other friends....

Best wishes from Jan - we'll see you soon !!

Wonderful Tom! I can't wait to see you and Jan again.

All the best,

Ernie

Archived