You are going on ANOTHER cruise?

spammie

I spent the first 20 years of my married life going on vacations to relative's houses and sleeping on their floors. So when we took our first cruise -- to mark our 25th anniversary -- I felt I deserved it!

I notice so many people just blowing their money on frivolous stuff every day. If they would save that $5-$6 cup of coffee and pastry each day, they could be cruising too. It's all a matter of priorities.;)

Your description of your first 20 years of married life was my childhood. We never took a vacation anywhere except to visit relatives.

My hubby and I on our honeymoon went down to FL and we did Busch Gardens, Disneyworld etc. My hubby could not believe that I had never been there. Once our daughter was old enough to enjoy Disney and remember the experience we took her back. But we did not take a acation every year as we could not afford to-it was more like every 3 or 4 years we would.

Our first cruise was a 15th anniversary gift to each other. We booked it as an anniversary gift but we were married nearly 16 years by the time we took it. (Had to PAY for it first!) since then we have not stopped crusiing. The longest break we have had from crusing is 15 months. This past fall we took a tranatlantic reposioning cruise for our 25th!

You are so right! It is all about budgeting! Hubby and I have nothing against brown bagging lunch.

I do love those specialty coffees! but they are just an occasionial treat- Ihave no more then 2 or 3 a month. No sweet rolls EVER. My health will not alow me to! I recently found out MacDonalds is doing a few specality coffees and although I never eat their food I will hit the drive through for a coffee! They are good and I can't help but wonder if maybe this is why Starbucks is hurting. MacDonald's are about a third less expensive. MacDonals may be putting them out of business.

I haven't gotten the "another cruise?" comments...I get the "another vacation?" comment. LoL. I went to Europe for 10 days in May and just got back from Vegas last week (that was work related... :p)

I tell them, I'm single and don't have any kids. I have all the gadgets I want/need...now I want to spend my money on travel. :cool:

I am getting the opposite problem now. Everyone is asking me WHEN we take our next cruise. LOL! we just took one in April!

The reason we have not booked a cruise is we are planning a trip to Paris next year and we are saving our bucks for that.

I can blame that on a cruise though also! Last year when we docked in La Havre and realized visting Paris meant taking a 6 hour bus trip both ways and that we would have little time to see any of Paris. So Hubby and I said we would fly to Paris and spend a week there. We know we could do a cruise for less but we want to see Paris.

Now our alternate plan, if Paris falls through, is to do a Panama Canal cruise. We have decided we have done enough carribean cruises and we need to do something differant! Of course this means as we go into doing more expensive things for vacation, that our crusies will be farther apart as we have to save the money in order to do this.

I did not take my first cruise until I was 50 and that is my biggest regret. We are now looking forward to cruise #4 coming up in November and for the first time we will do two cruises this year and plan to do two next year.

We have told our daughter (only child) that she can have everything we've got when we're gone, but not to expect a lot of $$$ cause we're cruising!! We love our family (daughter, son-in-law, 2 granddaughters) but the cruises are just for us!

We both still work full time so we gotta have some time away......right???

Dianne

We didn't take our first cruise until I was 55. All the previous years were land trips traveling with an RV. Now that we're "discovered" cruising, it's an OBSESSION! :cool: People don't ask IF we're cruising again, it's only WHEN.

MomofMeg, we were in Paris last year (instead of cruising) and it was wonderful. I highly recommend a short term rental apartment rather than a hotel. We had a great experience with Paris Vacation Apartments (dot com).

Linda, my hubby is looking at tours through a travel agent. We have tried to do cities on our own before where English is not the main lanaguage. We decided we would splurge this time and book a tour, even though we could do it on our own for less.

Were you on the TA last year (September 15, 2007) on the Connie? your name seems familiar.

Linda, my hubby is looking at tours through a travel agent. We have tried to do cities on our own before where English is not the main lanaguage. We decided we would splurge this time and book a tour, even though we could do it on our own for less.

Were you on the TA last year (September 15, 2007) on the Connie? your name seems familiar.

Aww. Paris is not difficult for non-French speakers, but I can understand your hesitation if you have not been there before. My husband learned the handy phrase "Dites a ma femme" (talk to my wife), to be delivered while pointing to me. He was also in charge of getting breakfast every morning, and did very well toddling down to the local patisserie, pointing at the lovely things he wanted, and holding up the right number of fingers! :)

I'm sorry, I don't know what the "TA" or the "the Connie" are. The sum total of the cruises I have been/will be on are listed in my signature below.

However you decide to navigate Paris, you'll have a wonderful time. It's one of the truly great cities. An offbeat tourist attraction which most people won't tell you about is Pere Lachaise, the historic cemetery. It has phenomenal sculptures, and quite a celebrity cast of residents: Oscar Wilde, Isadora Duncan, Maria Callas, Jim Morrison of the Doors, Edith Piaf, and so many more.

Aww. Paris is not difficult for non-French speakers, but I can understand your hesitation if you have not been there before. My husband learned the handy phrase "Dites a ma femme" (talk to my wife), to be delivered while pointing to me. He was also in charge of getting breakfast every morning, and did very well toddling down to the local patisserie, pointing at the lovely things he wanted, and holding up the right number of fingers! :)

I'm sorry, I don't know what the "TA" or the "the Connie" are. The sum total of the cruises I have been/will be on are listed in my signature below.

However you decide to navigate Paris, you'll have a wonderful time. It's one of the truly great cities. An offbeat tourist attraction which most people won't tell you about is Pere Lachaise, the historic cemetery. It has phenomenal sculptures, and quite a celebrity cast of residents: Oscar Wilde, Isadora Duncan, Maria Callas, Jim Morrison of the Doors, Edith Piaf, and so many more.

Okay you are not the same Linda. I meant a transatlantic on the constellation. Not a travel agent named Connie-LOL!

Yes people have said Paris is not hard, but we found that not true for Brussels or San Juan. London was not a problem of course! My hubby is looking at tours that couple Paris and another city. He definetely wants Paris but is not sure if he wants Paris and a city in Germany, Switzerland, Italy etc. We won't book before January so he has time to decide.

Archived