Birthday decorations in Stateroom on the Millenium

journeysseattle

You can order B'day decorations through Celebrity. They have a child's type package and an adult package. We looked into this for a cruise last January. We ended up not doing the decorations but they actually seemed reasonable, for a cruise line purchase.

When we looked into it for my grandmother, they seemed reasonable in price, but we figured out we could do it ourselves for less. We packed flat pack wrapping paper from CVS, tape, some ribbon, and some signs. It worked great and my grandma was thrilled!

In following a link to the thread about the cabins on Millenium I noticed BD decorations, some which appeared to feature the ship. Will Celebrity decorate the stateroom? Do they charge for it? How do I go about getting itdone. Thanks!

Click on Gifts on the bottom of the page on Celebrity's website.

On the page that comes up, click on Bon Voyage Gifts. Note that on this page it tells you how to order them and link to the order form if you want to preorder.

On the next page that comes up, click on Specialty Items. Stateroom decorations is the second item listed.

I actually just ordered the B'Day decorations for my husband's 50th during our upcoming Summit European cruise. The only problem I had was that the price listed in the Gifts by Celebrity that arrived with our tickets this week shows a different price for the C401 Adult Birthday....The brochure shows the cost as $15, when I called up to order it they told me the price was incorrect in the brochure. I know I'm being fussy, and I bought it anyway, but shouldn't Celebrity honor the price that they have in their brochure?:)

We were charged $15 for the adult birthday decorations just a few months ago. It was one cardboard canopy thing which hung from the ceiling; four big puffy streamers came out of the bottom that you could drape into each corner of the room (or balcony).

Hummm....so you're saying the decorations probably weren't worth the $15? In that case they DEFINATELY aren't worth $30!!! Thanks for the heads up, I think I'll call & cancel tomorrow!!:D

Terri

I got the birthday decorations for my husband's birthday on our April sailing on Summit. The charge was $15, and I was able to hide it from my husband because I put it on a credit card we rarely use. When the bill came, I paid it immediately so he wouldn't have a clue. It wouldn't be worth it to me to schlep all the decorations along. In fact, after 3 days we changed cabins and the butler re-hung the decoration in our new location.

I, too, have purchased the adult decorations for my daughter's 30th. I am sure it depends on the Cabin Steward, but ours was so tastefully done, yet very festive. A double sign on the door with a birthday wish and a ship and a good quantity of streamers and fan shaped hanging decorations. All were done in blue and white. They were hung from the ceiling and looked spectacular. I tried to decorate another time and we just could not duplicate the quality. I do believe I paid more than $15. I really thought it was more like $25, but could be mistaken. It was definitely worth it.

Enjoy

Archived