Newbie to Seabourn

cruisefreaks

Hello All !!

We are veteran cruisers on all the major lines but are brand new to Seabourn. We will be on a December sailing in the Caribbean and I am wondering what type of clothing to bring. We have sailed on Windstar several times....is it similar to that?? Are the formal nights really formal ie, tuxes and fancy dresses?? Casual clothes during the day I expect but please let me know what is the norm for evenings.

We will be on a 14 night and want to "fit in" .........:rolleyes:

Thanks!

D&D

Title above was to read "More formal but ..."

Windstar's most formal tends towards polo shirts, Dockers and some men wearing sport coats, but most not. Seabourn does have formal nights. My S.O. doesn't own a tux, hates wearing a suit and balked at the idea of having to dress for dinner. I had him pack a dark suit but told him I give him the option of eating in the suite on formal night. He got so into the friendly welcoming mood of the ship that he wore his suit and ate in the restaurant on formal night.

Many other nights we ate in the more casual dining venue 2 where he was able to wear just a polo shirt without a jacket. Oh, and long pants completed the ensemble.

Non-formal nights in the restaurant he wore a sport coat over his polo shiirt and fit right in.

I tended to wearing dresses most nights since I don't often have an opportunity at home to dress up.

I don't really remember what others were wearing. Guess that means no one stood out. Plus, everyone we met was so nice and friendly. Our Seabourn cruise was our best cruise, bar none, though I admit you can't beat cruising under sail only a la Windstar.

You'll have a great time.

I'd be glad to answer any specific comparison questions, either here or you can email me at jacquelin dot siegel at gmail dot com

It is my understanding that there are no more formal nights on Seabourn cruises that have only Caribbean ports. I had previously booked the December Pride 14-day Caribbean cruise in December (Barbados to Ft. Lauderdale), and I found out they have discontinued formal nights on these itineraries except the holiday (Christmas/New Year's) cruise.

One of the reasons I like Seabourn is that people are very well dressed. Even on casual night, I admire the "style" of my fellow passengers.

So no need to bring your tux. It's sort of like a very nice (not stuffy!) country club...people just dress, well, nicely! I'm sure you'll have a wonderful time.

Jane

• 1 month later...

Hi Everyone,

I have so enjoyed reading all your posts. We are leaving on our first SB cruise on Oct. 18th from Venice ending in Civitavecchia on Seaborun Spirit.

I'm concerned about seasickness. Has anyone been in these waters in Oct.?

Any recommendations on shore excursions? We're so looking forward to the experience.

• 2 weeks later...

Condor I really think it is pot luck, I was on honeymoon on the the same cruise in June 03 and we had a freak storm which lasted 3 days and was at times a storm force 11, which on this boat you know about!! even the crew were ill, and that was june, you cant tell, it will probably be still like a pond,nevertheless you can guarantee the crew are there to meet your every need and you will have the best time ever.

Archived