Storing Wine

Windseek

Aloha again,

I just finished ordering my self a wine card for our 8/23 sailing on the oosterdam to Alaska. However, although my wife does like to have a glass of wine with dinner she is very particular about what she drinks (Vin De Glace Muscato). We are more then willing to bring a couple bottles on board of her favorite wine, and we are willing to pay the corking fees. Also they might have a bottle of what she likes on board. However, a whole bottle is a bit more then she likes to drink in one sitting, and her wine is to sweet for my liking. Will they keep the bottle for her night by night until it is gone, or will we have to open a new bottle each night she desires to have a glass with her dinner?

Another good example would be port which we both like, but we would not drink a whole bottle in one night.

Mahalo for your help,

Windseek

Will they keep the bottle for her night by night until it is gone, or will we have to open a new bottle each night she desires to have a glass with her dinner?

Windseek

Not sure about HAL (first cruise in Sept), but on both Princess and Celebrity, your table captain will mark and keep your bottle until the next evening. it's very nice for those of us that don't want more than a glass a night.

Aloha again,

I just finished ordering my self a wine card for our 8/23 sailing on the oosterdam to Alaska. However, although my wife does like to have a glass of wine with dinner she is very particular about what she drinks (Vin De Glace Muscato). We are more then willing to bring a couple bottles on board of her favorite wine, and we are willing to pay the corking fees. Also they might have a bottle of what she likes on board. However, a whole bottle is a bit more then she likes to drink in one sitting, and her wine is to sweet for my liking. Will they keep the bottle for her night by night until it is gone, or will we have to open a new bottle each night she desires to have a glass with her dinner?

Another good example would be port which we both like, but we would not drink a whole bottle in one night.

Mahalo for your help,

Windseek

From my experience, the wine steward will stow the bottle for the next dinner. If you have open seating, you'll have to ask about how to make sure this happens in a way that it can be retrieved if you happen to change tables.

Wine steward will happily recork the bottle after dinner and return it to your table the next night. We order our wine from the stewards and often don't finish it and it is always at the table when we arrive the next night.

Several times we have had our wine steward come into Pinnacle to see if we want our wine brought there. We mentioned to him we had Pinnacle reservations for the next night.

Archived