Crusing with a one year old on Oosterdam.

goldie888

Thank you to all of you who reply to this thread.

Do the Oosterdam or other HAL ships have kiddie pool?

Why couldn't the ship provide food to the children just like other passengers as they do pay almost as much as a 3rd or 4th adult in the cabin?

Wow, I just cannot get over how rude some of you are! And I was raving about the civility of this board vs other boards to others.

I just got off the phone and spoke directly with HAL's Ship Services at the Seattle Headquarters. They state that the child MUST be wearing swim diapers in the pool and told me to quote them if I have any problems on board. Swim diapers are not diapers so I can see why you all may be getting confused with diapers. They will be sending this via email so I can print this and take this with me.

Flgrl:

HAL corporate will tell you that swim diapers are OK. (I asked prior to cruising with my daughter).

Once you get on ship however, there are signs posted at the pools that swim diapers aren't allowed.

Quoting "corporate" won't help. Showing a letter won't help. The rules at seas over rule any corporate rule (ie the captain is the ship's master)

Why not play it safe with the rest of the passengers help and swim at the beach?

BTW - you may want to check out CDC reports for Ecoli etc. there have been cases in Fl.

Posters aren't being rude - just realistic. I think you are the one preparing for a "fight" - I have an email from corporate.......

We will be on board the Amsterdam with our 21 month old who loves the water. At home, our community pool requires both a swim diaper and rubber pants and I have never seen a problem with leakage (it is a large pool and there are always at least 20 kids in swim diapers there at a time). Doesn't the Amsterdam have a wading pool. If so, I will probably let her get in and splash around. If they don't I probably won't bother as I doubt she would like being in deep water where she couldnt stand up. We were on a cruise last Chrsitmas with our daughter, and I saw a couple who the crew told them that their 2 year old can't be in the pool with a diaper, so they took the diaper off and let him back in the pool. Now that's gross.

Thanks for the link, spongerob; just reading it is more than a little disgusting. The idea of sharing a pool with the owner of all those little microbes makes me want to.... :eek:

Oh, nevermind what it makes me want to do.

I just hope people will accept that HAL posts that swim diapers are not allowed and HAL's the one who gets to make the rules.

Recreational water illnesses (RWIs) can be spread by swallowing fecally contaminated water. Persons with compromised immune systems should be aware that swimming pools, waterparks, hot tubs, spas, decorative fountains, lakes, rivers, and salt water beaches might be contaminated with human or animal waste that contains Crypto.

Moral of story..........Don't drink the water! You aren't safe anywhere!!! :) :eek:

Archived