Bad coffee???

I had also read all the reviews about the bad coffee. I didn't think it was bad at all and I'm an avid coffee drinker. I was expecting the worse and was pleasantly surprised.

I thought the room service coffee they broght first thing in the morning was quite good in fact.

Now RCCL coffee...that's another thing...worse coffee I've ever had!!!! Not drinkable at all.

I'm wondering if since this is coffee made with a syrup concentrate and all the lines likely use a similar product, if alot depends on how its mixed and how fresh the mixture is and how long its been sitting.

You can bring a coffee pot if you want tho. When I first read the reviews I had considered it, but then didn't due to space issues. Now I'm glad I didn't bother.

You can always just get a coffee card if you get on board and decide that you don't care for the coffee.

Hi Everyone,icon7.gif

Grandpa and I are sailing for Alaska next month and thanks to everyone for the great information but after reading about how bad the coffee is we are wondering if you can bring a small 4 cup coffee pot with you?

If coffee means that much to you then bring the coffee maker. ;)

I had also read all the reviews about the bad coffee. I didn't think it was bad at all and I'm an avid coffee drinker. I was expecting the worse and was pleasantly surprised.

I thought the room service coffee they broght first thing in the morning was quite good in fact.

Now RCCL coffee...that's another thing...worse coffee I've ever had!!!! Not drinkable at all.

I'm wondering if since this is coffee made with a syrup concentrate and all the lines likely use a similar product, if alot depends on how its mixed and how fresh the mixture is and how long its been sitting.

You can bring a coffee pot if you want tho. When I first read the reviews I had considered it, but then didn't due to space issues. Now I'm glad I didn't bother.

You can always just get a coffee card if you get on board and decide that you don't care for the coffee.

I feel exactly the same way. On all of my Princess cruises I have never had a bad cup of coffee either at the buffet or room service and trust me on this my DH is picky with his coffee and I have never heard him complain. But hey if you want to bring a coffee pot that is your decision.

Marilyn

I've read lots of posts about the bad coffee on Princess. I really don't understand. I've never had bad coffee on a Princess cruise. I guess it varies from ship to ship and I've only been on the Star and Sun. I'll cruise the Crown in October but I'm expecting the coffee to be just fine there as well.

It is all a matter of taste. I thought that the Princess coffee was Ok, but not great. I did drink it thoughout the cruise and never had a complaint. However, I heard many others that did.

I would say that if you are very concerned about the quality of the coffee to bring your own or get a coffee card.

Another option might be to get some flavored creamers that do not need refridgeration and use those to add some flavor.

On a side note, while I found the coffee to be Ok, I could not stand the iced tea as it was not fresh brewed.

It is all a matter of taste. I thought that the Princess coffee was Ok, but not great. I did drink it thoughout the cruise and never had a complaint. However, I heard many others that did.

I would say that if you are very concerned about the quality of the coffee to bring your own or get a coffee card.

Another option might be to get some flavored creamers that do not need refridgeration and use those to add some flavor.

On a side note, while I found the coffee to be Ok, I could not stand the iced tea as it was not fresh brewed.

Agreed on the ice tea. I "brewed" my own by making a hot cup of tea and then pouring it over a glass of ice.

For all of you that thought that the coffee was ok on Princess, have you ever had Burger King coffee? My husband is the big coffee drinker and can't stand the syrup they use at Burger King. I was just wondering if maybe Princess uses a better grade of syrup or if it was similar to Burger Kings?

For all of you that thought that the coffee was ok on Princess, have you ever had Burger King coffee? My husband is the big coffee drinker and can't stand the syrup they use at Burger King. I was just wondering if maybe Princess uses a better grade of syrup or if it was similar to Burger Kings?

If I think about it I will try BK's coffee and try and offer a comparison.

DH found that by mixing the room service coffee with a spoon or two of International Delight instant mocha or french vanilla that it improved the taste dramatically.

I didn't like the coffee at all. I ended up drinking it in the morning when I was in a hurry but for my afternoon cup (yes, caffeine addict here) I would bring my little French Press, get hot water from the Horizon Court and make my own. It worked well and I plan to do it again.

I mix coffee with half & half and one of the Splenda flavored coffee packets. After that, I wouldn't know if it was good coffee or not. I also bring along Crystal Lite packets to mix with the water.

I think how good the coffee tastes on the ship depends where it is in the life cycle. The coffee for room service on the Coral was actually good. Some of the Horizon Court coffee that is not freshly made was UGH!!!! Dining room coffee was hit or miss. They are all probably made the same way - just depends on how long it has been around!

That being said, the worst cup of coffee on the Coral came from the freshly brewed bar that I paid for!!!!:eek:

We have been on just about every Princess ship in the fleet and never had a bad cup of coffee - Now - bad coffee, one word - STARBUCKS - burnt brown water!!!

Ron

No truer words ever :D

symo

Just got off the Diamond 7/19 and I thought the coffee was horrid. I didn't think it was good at first and then they told me it wasn't brewed, but was made from syrup. I think that did it for me. I did order a cup of brewed coffee ($1) in one of the bars and thought it was bad too. After that, I started drinking hot tea.

Archived