Travel Insurance: Carnival Legend

Hi all. I have read some posts about insurance and noted insuremytrip.com but am having trouble deciding which policy. I have my own medical insurance already which seems pretty good and with Dolly I am a bit concerned about hurricanes. Does anyone have any recommendations for one that maybe deemphasizes medical while still giving good coverage? Thanks

I'm going to go with Travelex for my upcoming Glory trip, mainly because everything is primary coverage. If I understand it correctly, I wouldn't have to worry about any other insurance I have paying for something before the travel insurance kicked in.

I'm mainly getting it since we are traveling during hurricane season. A lot of people also recommend it in case there is need for a medical evacuation. Through my company we have a program that would cover that so I didn't feel the need to go too high with that.

Hi all. I have read some posts about insurance and noted insuremytrip.com but am having trouble deciding which policy. I have my own medical insurance already which seems pretty good and with Dolly I am a bit concerned about hurricanes. Does anyone have any recommendations for one that maybe deemphasizes medical while still giving good coverage? Thanks

Wow! Where do you people work that have that medical insurance that covers you when you leave the U.S.? Not many have it based on what I read on here anyway. Congrats and have a great cruise.:)

Bill

Wow! Where do you people work that have that medical insurance that covers you when you leave the U.S.? Not many have it based on what I read on here anyway. Congrats and have a great cruise.:)

Bill

:) I have C.D.P.H.P. (Capital District Physicians Health Plan) my plan covers medical issues which occur in the US or out. Many plans do offer this but I don't think to many people look in to their contracts to find out. Some employers are not even aware so if you are curious call your carrier direct & ask them what they will cover.

Of course I would have to pay for it up front with a credit card & then submit it to my health plan but I'm pretty sure that's how most Travel Insurancde works also.

You should be worried about three things:

1. Medical - make sure your policy covers you outside the US, better to have coverage through your travel insurance and not need it than to be without.

2. MOST important - Medical Evac. Your policy from home probably does not cover this and who wants to be stuck with a $50,000 flight bill if you have to be flown home due to a medical emergency.

3. Least important - trip cancellation - No one wnats to be out a few thousand doallrs, but compared to the medical issues that can be a drop in the bucket.

Archived