Ever feel like strangling your coworkers?

Man i feel like going postal on my coworkers today. I come in and the entire office is fulled of glazed doughnuts, muffins, poppy seed cakes, you name it..its there. Its not even anyones birthday!

And its liek this probably 2 or 3 days a week....constantly facing sugary goodness in my quest to have an adonis body, it gets so rough sometimes.

And to make matters worse..if i go to heat up my tilapia and broccolli they yell at me for stinking up the office. Telling me my food is junk..and im thinking enjoy your strokes and heart attacks as you suck down your fast food burgers, and waffle fries, as the only exercise you know is how to change the channel on the remote.

Anyways im done venting....still coworkers suck sometimes.

I work with people like that too and it's really bad because we work in a hospital.

You have the rest of your life to eat that garbage, and that's exactly what is is..garbage..fried fat with god knows what in it chemical wise, oh yum, that sounds so delicious..right?? Yuck. You call that sugary goodness? I bet everyone else around you is even fatter than however large you may be. If they compliain about your stinky lunch, you can laugh it off and say "You're right, it does stink". They'll drop the issue real fast.

Man i feel like going postal on my coworkers today. I come in and the entire office is fulled of glazed doughnuts, muffins, poppy seed cakes, you name it..its there. Its not even anyones birthday!

And its liek this probably 2 or 3 days a week....constantly facing sugary goodness in my quest to have an adonis body, it gets so rough sometimes.

And to make matters worse..if i go to heat up my tilapia and broccolli they yell at me for stinking up the office. Telling me my food is junk..and im thinking enjoy your strokes and heart attacks as you suck down your fast food burgers, and waffle fries, as the only exercise you know is how to change the channel on the remote.

Anyways im done venting....still coworkers suck sometimes.

My office used to be the same way, hence the reason I gained 90 lbs. after I started working there 9 years ago. Fortunately, last year, our company has had a huge health initiative and things have gotten much better. In the last year I have quit smoking after 30 plus years and have lost 30 lbs. For all of our events that are catered we always have healthy options now. Very seldom do you see a cake or cookies lying around. I don't hesitate to tell someone when they do bring in cookies and such, no thank you.

Wow..that's wonderful! Good for you quitting smoking!

It's AMAZING how much illness, etc. can go away if we eat right. I work in a rehab unit and CRINGE when I see all the hip replacements, knees, etc. that have to be replaced because of people who are OVERWEIGHT. I deal more with the brain stuff but I know the doctors on my team lose patience with the people they treat over and over for diabetes, heart disease, etc. and they simply do not make an effort to become more healthy. My unit is on the 9th floor and my office on the 1st, so we are encouraged to use the stairs more..in order to make way for the wheelchairs who need the elevators.

My office used to be the same way, hence the reason I gained 90 lbs. after I started working there 9 years ago. Fortunately, last year, our company has had a huge health initiative and things have gotten much better. In the last year I have quit smoking after 30 plus years and have lost 30 lbs. For all of our events that are catered we always have healthy options now. Very seldom do you see a cake or cookies lying around. I don't hesitate to tell someone when they do bring in cookies and such, no thank you.

And to make matters worse..if i go to heat up my tilapia and broccolli they yell at me for stinking up the office.

I have to say something about microwaving fish...it does stink!!!!! Where I work, in a high school, the community microwave is in my work area. The smells from microwaving food last for quite awhile. Regardless of how healthy it is, reheated fish smells make for an unpleasant work environment. So when we request people not microwave fish, we are not trying to persecute healthy eaters, we're trying to preserve a pleasant atmosphere that affects students as well.

Odoyal - Strangulation can be messy if you don't know what you're doing.:eek:

Better to continue microwaving your cruciferous vegetables:p BTW, I think that it was on the Food Network (Good Eats as I recall) where they said that microwaving broccoli destroys a large portion of the nutrients. Steaming them and lightly reheating may be a better option.

Charlie

Can't remembr where I read this but...something about putting a cup of water with a lemon in it and nuking it to get out the stench! You do it after you heat up the fish.

Odoyal - Strangulation can be messy if you don't know what you're doing.:eek:

Better to continue microwaving your cruciferous vegetables:p BTW, I think that it was on the Food Network (Good Eats as I recall) where they said that microwaving broccoli destroys a large portion of the nutrients. Steaming them and lightly reheating may be a better option.

Charlie

yeah i steam my veggies...use themocrowave to reheat...always steam mah veggies...

and yeah i understand the smell involved with fish...but im easily offended by the smell of freshly baked chocolate fudge and fried chicken...im just saying be fair about it...

Archived