Underwater camera price on Pacific Dawn

I'm planning on getting one of those cheap, re-useable underwater cameras. I've seen a Snap Sights Sports Waterproof 8m camera on eBay for $19.95 inc postage, but it may not get here in time.

Can anyone who has recently been on the Pacific Dawn tell me how much the underwater cameras are on-board?

I cant help with the PD but i looked at them 2 days ago at Kmart and camera shop, the Kodak ones are $19.I nearly bought 2 but thought i would look around first to see if there are any better.Thank you just jogged my memory to look!:D

I cant help with the PD but i looked at them 2 days ago at Kmart and camera shop, the Kodak ones are $19.I nearly bought 2 but thought i would look around first to see if there are any better.Thank you just jogged my memory to look!:D

Happy to help :D:D

Do you know if the Kodak ones are reusable or single use? I'd rather get a reusable one.

I'm planning on getting one of those cheap, re-useable underwater cameras. I've seen a Snap Sights Sports Waterproof 8m camera on eBay for $19.95 inc postage, but it may not get here in time.

Can anyone who has recently been on the Pacific Dawn tell me how much the underwater cameras are on-board?

I have a Polaroid 'Fun Shooter" one use underwater camera that my son purchased on the Pacific Sun. It wasn't all that expenisve, either $20 or $25 from memory. Should be around the same price on the Pacific Dawn.

Glenda

They are the one use type, but look like they will do the job.

http://www.kodak.com/eknec/PageQuerier.jhtml?pq-path=1036&pq-locale=en_US

I was looking at housings for my digital cameras but even the cheaper digi camera one cost me $250 so a bit worried about killing it with water.

I will keep looking and let you know what i find.A housing would prob be better than buying a underwater digi if not used all the time etc.

The ones MsMinx used look great.

If you ring your local dive shop they will have an option or know someone local that will have.

Lol, being in rural nsw there is no dive shop here so i will get one mon-wed when i am in Brissy before my flight to Auckland.

I am looking now at brissy dive shops to ring.

Found another cheap reusable brand "AquaLung Sport 35mm Reusable Flash Underwater Camera".

I have a Polaroid 'Fun Shooter" one use underwater camera that my son purchased on the Pacific Sun. It wasn't all that expenisve, either $20 or $25 from memory. Should be around the same price on the Pacific Dawn.

Glenda

When you buy these on the Dawn they include developing of the roll of film as well. Can't remember the price but it wasn't that expensive. They come with a waterproof case and basic camera inside.

Don

When you buy these on the Dawn they include developing of the roll of film as well. Can't remember the price but it wasn't that expensive. They come with a waterproof case and basic camera inside.

Don

I didn't actually know that Don. Ben purchased this for his dive, but as he got into difficulty he never used it. Somehow I don't think that they would develop the film this time around if I was to use it. But may be worthe a try.

Glenda

Thanks for all the help everyone. It's great how you can post a question on CC and have many knowledgeable replies within such a short time. :D:D

I think I'll leave it until we are onboard. If the camera price also includes processing of the film it seems like a cheap option.

Mickalex, thanks for the advice on the housings. I might leave that until I have more time to research it. I'd want to be pretty sure it works before putting my camera inside! Haven't really got time to look into it now! Only eight days to go !!! :D:D:D

WARNING:D :D

Those cameras are great,but get used to them before you use them underwater.

A friend bought one to use on a cruise and had such a fun time with it ,but when he got it developed they were all him peering into the lens. He had it pointng backwards.:eek:

A friend bought one to use on a cruise and had such a fun time with it ,but when he got it developed they were all him peering into the lens. He had it pointng backwards.:eek:

Haha i nearly fell of my chair as it sounds like something i would do.Your poor friend, i hope he saw the funny side.:D

Atleast he can say this is a closeup of me underwater.:D

LOL!!

Strange sea life indeed. :D:D:D

Very funny kiwi kruzer!:D

Jo, I have just spoken to two of my kids about the camera, they both said they think $20.00 and it did include the developing. Also Ben said to say that it doesn't work below 10 metres. So if you are scuba diving it is not really the best camera to take.

Very funny kiwi kruzer!:D

Jo, I have just spoken to two of my kids about the camera, they both said they think $20.00 and it did include the developing. Also Ben said to say that it doesn't work below 10 metres. So if you are scuba diving it is not really the best camera to take.

Thanks Glenda! For $20 including developing I'm willing to overcome my scruples about buying disposable goods, and happily leave it until we board in 8 days time! (I'm not really counting :rolleyes:)

I might even buy 2 so the kids can have one each :D

We won't be scuba diving, just snorkeling, and certainly won't be going down below 10m, or even anywhere where it gets that deep :eek:

These underwater cameras on PD are re useable.And include developing the price was $25 i think in November.They do take an ok picture not the quality of digital but good enough. I am going to invest in a cheap waterproof digital next time as i intend to use it quite a bit and now want a better quality pic.

Icy:D

This post may not be of much help to the OP by now, but for anyone else thinking about underwater photography you can't go past the dicapac underwater camera case. I bought one for our cruise in Feb and was able to get some amazing photos with my own little Pentax digi camera with it. I never got one single drop of water on my camera. Here's their website http://www.dicapac.com/new_eng/02_products/sub01.html I purchased mine from ebay for about AU$40ish. With the way exchange rates are now it would be a pretty good buy for anyone interested. They even have underwater covers for your video camera and mobile phone!! :eek:

Archived