New to Cruising, is There Anything You Do Not Like?

jencredible

My husband & I will be going on our first cruise, 10/12/08 on the Valor, and are extremely excited. We haven't even cruised yet, but we are talking about where to go for our next, so we are obviously addicted-already!:p

These boards have been so much help, and I am subscribed to SO many threads, I just want to learn everything I can in preperation!

I was curious though- I've read about so many wonderful aspects of cruising-is there anything that you don't like? Obviously nothing enough to keep you from cruising, but something you wish would be different?

I don't like when it's time to get off the ship!

...Parents who think the minute they step on board relinquish all parental responsibility!!!!!!!!!

Screaming kids in the dinning room

Screaming adults in the dinning room

Kids in the hot tubs

kids in diapers in the hot tub/pools

Adults who should be in diapers because they act like such children

Women who wave the smoke away or hold their nose as they sit in or walk through a smoking section...( i have never seen a man do it) .. It would kind of be like me walking into the cigar bar and telling them it smells...

People who think that it is inappropriate if someone is not in a tux or gown on elegant nights on Carnival

Here Here I second that vote!

I dislike when the folks in the neighboring cabin are on their balcony all the time talking. (Like on our last cruise.)

It was wonderful that they enjoyed their balcony so much. They enjoyed it constantly. The problem was they were both older women who obviously couldn't hear well (and were thus shouting at each other) and were both chainsmoking. All The Time. We couldn't enjoy our balcony because of it.

Oh . . . . and when the same folks in the neighboring cabin leave their balcony light on all night long, so that it shines in our cabin all night long. Rather annoying.

Oh . . . . and people who have no respect for a line. I can't stand it when someone jumps in front of everyone else, or sneaks their way to the front of the line. How rude!!

Oh, and I hate when I get home and realize that no one is going to make my bed or serve me food.

Oh, and one more - stepping on the scale when I return home and realize that I ate way too much!!

I'm like most people i don't like

getting off the ship

people that complain all the time

people that treat the waitstaff poorly

people that cut line

people that shove in the buffet line

people that complain about smokers in smoking areas

militant people

I don't care for anytime dining...just my humble opinion

People that look for things to complain about

I hate that Carnival doesn't have a super club on every ship

I hate the way I feel herded into lounges to disembark. (Holland America, sister company allows you to stay in the cabin until you color is called) Did it once and loved it. . Sometimes I felt like your cruise is over and they don't care about you.

These thing bother me so much I will be cruising again in 3 months.

I hate that Carnival doesn't have a super club on every ship

I hate the way I feel herded into lounges to disembark. (Holland America, sister company allows you to stay in the cabin until you color is called) Did it once and loved it. . Sometimes I felt like your cruise is over and they don't care about you.

These thing bother me so much I will be cruising again in 3 months.

You might try self assist - you stay in your cabin until it's time to head out, and you're generally off the ship and in the terminal in less than 15 minutes. We love it, and it's made the end of our cruise MUCH less stressful.

Some of my fellow passengers who behave like they've never been out of Podunk before, who yell, complain and expect everyone else to pay attention to their immediate needs. Really, you have to wonder how some of these folks live at home...how they were raised...and if they have ever been out of Podunkville in their entire lives.

Fortunately, I have an internal "ignore" button.

I also HATE debarkation! The nerve! Making me get off the ship.

Just silly little things...

>> I do not like how they take away the orange juice after breakfast. Or how they do not offer lemonade first thing in the morning!

>> I do not like how they no longer serve drinks on the balcony of the show room.

>> I do not like people who take up two slot machines

>> I do not like when other passengers are rude to my kids. Comments in elevators like "a cruise is no place for children", or cutting my kids in the buffet line, is just rude.

>> and the usual, Muster Drill, Debarkation, and going home!

Catrin

I hate doing muster during sailaway! Why do they have to do that?

---Bruce

It is a requirement for ALL shipping lines that carry passengers. Actually it is for teaching people where to go in case of emergency, not to pi$$ passengers off.:D

I don't hate muster drill for its own sake -- I hate that people can't manage to get to their station and SHUT UP for ten minutes so that we could get through it quickly. It's the fault of inconsiderate passengers that muster takes so much longer than it has to...

Archived