WOW, so this is what TEENS really do on the CP!

MiamiNicole

Trevor, I think that is a great question and one that could stand a new thread of it's own. I wonder if anyone has been in the situation you describe? I know how just looking at the pictures raised my bloodpressure, I can only imagine what would happen if I were on the same ship as these "kids". I would see them doing something irresponsible, it would bother me for a minute or two, I would go over to them and say something, they would tell me to go to hell...........OK, now what? You want to post a new thread, maybe with a mention of the pictures?

They aren't college students, maybe 1 or 2, but the other boys web pictures say high school grad, I would guess they are between 15-19. Some of the girls look pretty young. I remember cruising at that age (only 5 years ago) and that age has really changed since then, or maybe better said these kids lack some class and good judgement (which I thought didn't happen on Princess). I am sure there are still many in this age group that behave really well.

BTW, his mother was there b/c she is shown on page 1, it looks like a single Mom brought her 2 boys and some friends, she only appears in one photo though.

Thanks for the details Nicole.

Man, kids looks older than their age nowadays. ;)

And yes, those things can happen even on Princess. It's not like the ship has a detector for people with obnoxious behaviour. Apart from some cracking down from the crew (if the parents are not effective), I don't know what more could be done in that sort of case. Being in the same ship (and if you're inlucky enough close to their cabin) as those little rascals could quite well ruin your whole cruise.

While we don’t know how raucous the behavior was, we can probably imagine. I have no problems with people having a good time, as long as they are responsible about it. I’d venture to say there were minors drinking in the photos…which pushes things a bit and goes against the alcohol policy that Princess is supposed to enforce on board. Even so, what irresponsible drunk minors don’t realize is that they become a safety issue for other passengers. No one ever thinks an emergency will happen…

I don’t know that Princess was ready for what it was getting itself into with Caribbean Princess and it’s method of marketing the ship. In any case, if I encountered any of this kind of behavior – and I felt it disruptive - my first call would be directly to security. My second act would to be to have my complaint documented on board. My third step would be to send a copy of the documented complaint to Passenger Relations when I returned home.

While we don’t know how raucous the behavior was, we can probably imagine. I have no problems with people having a good time, as long as they are responsible about it. I’d venture to say there were minors drinking in the photos…which pushes things a bit and goes against the alcohol policy that Princess is supposed to enforce on board. Even so, what irresponsible drunk minors don’t realize is that they become a safety issue for other passengers. No one ever thinks an emergency will happen…

I don’t know that Princess was ready for what it was getting itself into with Caribbean Princess and it’s method of marketing the ship. In any case, if I encountered any of this kind of behavior – and I felt it disruptive - my first call would be directly to security. My second act would to be to have my complaint documented on board. My third step would be to send a copy of the documented complaint to Passenger Relations when I returned home.

Not too familiar with Princess......what do you mean about the marketing of the CP?

I guess he really doesn't care about having pics of himself looking like a jerk posted on the internet. What a nice collection of prom pics, graduation, and car accident.

Mom and Dad you should be proud !!!!!!!

Too bad this numbskull is driving around in my state. Hope he doesn't hurt anyone else. Seems to have a very bright future.....................:D

I don’t know that Princess was ready for what it was getting itself into with Caribbean Princess and it’s method of marketing the ship.

Maybe this is just another example of how Princess is becoming "Carnivalized." After all Carnival owns Princess.

I don't think this is related to Carnival or the Caribbean Princess and I'd hesitate to point a finger at that.

Several years ago, my daughter and I were on the Ocean Princess for a Christmas cruise. One day, about the middle of the cruise on a port day, we walked past our steward standing in the hallway, literally crying. He was a really good steward and we really liked him so we asked him what was wrong. He moved to the open door of a cabin that had been completely trashed. And I mean trashed. It looked like hurricane Jeanne had rolled through and left dirt footprints in the rug. Everything was everywhere, furniture pulled away from the wall, etc. The footprints were caked mud, all over the floor and the rug ruined. The steward explained that it had been like that every day and that he'd had to clean up after two young women. We'd seen them around and would have guessed them at 18 or 19. There wasn't much we could say. He told us that he couldn't clean it any more and that he had reported the girls.

When we saw him later that evening, he was more cheerful and said that the Captain had "spoken" to the girls. All seemed to be well for the remainder of the cruise but I'll never forget that room. I'm not the neatest person in the world but this was worse than anything I've seen on Clean Sweep.

Trevor, I think that is a great question and one that could stand a new thread of it's own. I wonder if anyone has been in the situation you describe? I know how just looking at the pictures raised my bloodpressure, I can only imagine what would happen if I were on the same ship as these "kids". I would see them doing something irresponsible, it would bother me for a minute or two, I would go over to them and say something, they would tell me to go to hell...........OK, now what? You want to post a new thread, maybe with a mention of the pictures?

I just added a thread about this subject http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=2245247#post2245247

Thanks

On my last Princess cruise I witnessed drugs being used right out in the open in the mens restroom outside skywalker's. I reported the activity to security at the base of the moving sidewalk and they said they could not leave the post to go have a look. They then told me they knew who was in there and not to worry, they would take care of it. Yeah, right. If you notice from my history it was my last Princess cruise since. I have since tried Cunard, HAL and Carnival. I am now booked on CP in Jan and I am now remebering why I ventured away from princess.

We experienced a lot worse on the Coral Alaska last July. A large group of 100 from a reservation in the west. Several were put off in Juneau. Several were walking around threatening people (my son) with knives and climbing from balcony to balcony being completely out of control. Never in all my 29 Princess cruises over the years have I seen anything like it. On the Grand in March we did have about 8 college girls staying across the hall in 2 inside cabins. Chaparones were staying in a cabin somewhere else. I listened to the partying until about 2 AM then called the pursers desk who in turn called security. We were in a suite and I could hear the security person telling the girls while pointing at my cabin door saying they called!!!!!! I could not believe it. I did speak to the security officer the next day and told him how inappropriate that was.

Well, it seems everyone has their own experience of wild passengers (I say this b/c I have seen adults out of control on Celebrity if you can believe that!). Anyhow, I hope I didn't turn anyone away from the CP (we are actually on the New Years sailing). This type of behavoir occurs on every cruise I think, it is just bad luck if they are next door to your cabin!!!!

I have already prepared my parents for the possibility of a loud cruise (it IS New Years), but we knew this when we booked it, we don't mind too much because we are just happy to all cruise together, we know it may not be the MOST relaxing cruise. It will be my first time back to the states in a LONG time so I may actually drink a bit more than usual since I will be with my family who I haven't seen in a LONG time! (I live in Mexico City BTW).

Happy Cruising!!!!

[size=3][color=indigo]Ditto![/color][/size]

[size=3][color=#4b0082]We also don't cruise during kid times. We also don't cruise much on Carnival or RCI, as feel they entice families. I hope Princess doesn't get tooooooo kid friendly! Who the heck needs a rock climbing wall, or ice skating rink on a ship???? :rolleyes: [/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#4b0082][/color][/size]
[size=3][color=#4b0082]The only trouble I've had with kids, was on a 4 nighter, July, out of LA. Too many kids, and the ones causing trouble were 10-12 year olds. They would run up and down the stairs, nearly knocking over people. Bad, but not ugly like in these pics! :eek: [/color][/size]

If you look at all the albums you will see that this was obviouslya graduation cruise. In the "prom and parties" album I believe that the drinking is being condoned by adults.
I especially liked the picture entitled " toilet love" which shows a boy slouched over a toilet( as if to voimit) and a girl passed out on the floor right beside it. Lovely.
The parents were well aware that they are drinking like fish and being obnoxious,( on the cruise) and I think they are just lookin the other way so to speak.
I am sorry, they are probaly nice kids, and we all screwed around, but I can assure you my parents would have never condoned , nor fianced such a trip. some people have more money than brains.

Sometimes school groups such as bands or choirs go on cruises to "entertain" onboard or at the ports. This could have been one of those groups. On our last cruice (NCL Dawn, Easter week) there was a marching band. Most of the time you did not see them, but the last two nights they were running around, and we saw them in a public room the one day apparently getting spoken to by the director.

Sometimes on trips that involve teens and chaparones, you can get adults that don't want to be the "bad guy" and try not to "ruin" the good time the kids are having. Also, some parents don't want you to tell their children what to do. It's sad that some adults don't realize that limits are important for kids and teens.

[quote name='Pam in MA']I don't think this is related to Carnival or the Caribbean Princess and I'd hesitate to point a finger at that.

Several years ago, my daughter and I were on the Ocean Princess for a Christmas cruise. One day, about the middle of the cruise on a port day, we walked past our steward standing in the hallway, literally crying. He was a really good steward and we really liked him so we asked him what was wrong. He moved to the open door of a cabin that had been completely trashed. And I mean trashed. It looked like hurricane Jeanne had rolled through and left dirt footprints in the rug. Everything was everywhere, furniture pulled away from the wall, etc. The footprints were caked mud, all over the floor and the rug ruined. The steward explained that it had been like that every day and that he'd had to clean up after two young women. We'd seen them around and would have guessed them at 18 or 19. There wasn't much we could say. He told us that he couldn't clean it any more and that he had reported the girls.

When we saw him later that evening, he was more cheerful and said that the Captain had "spoken" to the girls. All seemed to be well for the remainder of the cruise but I'll never forget that room. I'm not the neatest person in the world but this was worse than anything I've seen on Clean Sweep.
[/QUOTE][COLOR=DarkRed] I am so glad that you stopped and witnessed his dilemma. I assume your sympathy was helpful, because he was able to take a stand. I'm also impressed that the Captain became involved. Good for him. Shows he's able and ready to back up his crew. I hope the people to blame were forced to pay for their vandalism. [/COLOR]

[quote name='cruise182'][url]http://community.webshots.com/album/168176777jGabPi/1[/url]

Maybe I should look into another line.....looks more like Carnival

[/QUOTE][COLOR=Black] The parents of these kids need to see these pictures. I am not technologically savvy enough to do this; wish I could. As a parent, I would be very grateful for this information. Oh, I'd be frigfhtened too, which would lead to anger at my child, but in the end, I would be grateful, because NOW I could talk to my child. The little 11 year old is so vunerable. Is he trying to emulate an older sibling or two? Obviously, if his parents thought that their older kids were looking after him, the parents were wromg.[/COLOR]

[COLOR=DarkRed]Is there anyway to send this to the parents of the person who posted these pictures? I suspect that they are not CC readers. [/COLOR]

The father of the guy is in one of the pictures. I would suspect he knows what when on, but chooses not to step in or to turn and look the other way. He went on the cruise to have a good time himself and let the ship's crew worry about the kids. Althought the "kids" are actually young adults who seem to have graduated from high school.

A good sailing to all CC members.

Interesting pics. I most certainly find this behavior disgusting but entirely predictable as a SEGMENT of young adults and adults in general do (and always have since the beginning of time - I imagine this might have also happened in the Roman empire) engaged in this type of disrespectful (to themselves and others) activities. There just seems to be more of them than ever before.

It happens not only on cruise ships. A Glamour magazine article this past summer profiled the behaviors of students on break in Cancun. The article indicated that this "type" of "party hardy" student has moved their "activities" from Ft Lauderdale in the past to now Cancun. Essentially, heaven help those other patrons who happend to wander into the same venue as these heathens.

The REAL ISSUES related to this item are:

1) What is the required behavior and decorum on the ship (applies to everyone)

2) How and who will enforce this behavior (individual passengers and MAYBE the cruise line)

This is a common thread on CC boards - people's behavior. Whether it is kids out of control, rude seniors butting in line, drunk adults etc.

It all comes down to the SAME ISSUE - Patrons want to know:

a) what type of environment they will cruise in and
b) be assured that people will follow the decorum and if not they are dealt with by the Cruise Line.

I do not patronize many cruise lines as they do not promote the cruise environment that I desire. In fact, I see more evidence on these boards, information from my travel agent etc that indicates the decorum on cruise ships is declining rapidly - in proportion to the decline in civility in society in general.

AND, For those posters who EXCUSE this behavior - you are absolutely entitled to your assessment and opinion. However, I did not pay after tax $ to purchase a cruise product where this behavior was allowable. Period. Please do not insist that I accept this behavior on my cruise.

I would suggest that a large segment of North American society is in denial, politicially correct mode and self censor themselves in order to avoid dealing with harsh issues. It is called "moral equivalency" and it means that everyone's beliefs and behavior are equally "good" and acceptable. Wow. Guess those young people's behavior is as acceptable as my quiet and courteous behavior. Right.

As more and more information on behavior on cruise ships gets out in the public, there may be people who chose to take their $ to other venues which provide a more controlled and civilized experience - ie spa vacations, golf and country clubs. I am doing it, my cruise budget is now 50% of what is was.

ABoatNerd

This is the problem that our society faces today. Kids get whatever they want. Now days kids expect parents to give them something "big" for graduation - like a cruise. We usually only go on cruises in January for this reason. Even in the middle of January there are tons of kids. The last cruise we went on was Carnival Triumph. There were kids, but the ones we met were very polite. We have gone on past ones where they were playing in the hot tub like it was a pool and we said something to them and they just looked at us. When we got a little firmer, they jumped out of the pool. There were other adults in the pool, but they did not say anything - i asked if they were the parents, but they said no and thanks for kicking the kids out of the hot tub. I think people are afraid of saying no to kids nowdays. If my kids had acted like these kids, I would have set them off at the next port myself. Parents need to wake up and think of someone other than themselves.
Just my opinion

I think most of us agree that there are too many parents out there who shrug their shoulders and say either "What can we do?" or "Kids will be kids -- we did the same thing and we turned out fine.!" Once they all get on a cruise ship, no wonder there are occasional problems. Thank goodness, Massachusetts is moving towards putting a stop to that thinking. We've had several prosecutions of parents for problems and even fatalities related to drinking by minors. One was of a mother who was upstairs, passed out drunk, while her daughter had a wild party downstairs. Another was of a couple who allowed a post-prom party with liquor because "the kids were going to drink anyway", and one of the partygoers was killed on the way home. A third was of a parent whose child was skipping school and drinking and robbing houses, under the rationale that the parent should have noticed the signs ( 3 new big screen TVs, etc.) This trend might be the only thing to make some parents take notice----

Archived