Pirate's Caves & Mini Zoo?

BonnieVA

We talked about going there last week while we spent a week on the island but we never made it. It is "off the beaten path" so I think getting there and back may be a problem unless you are renting a car.

I hope this helps!

Enjoy!

• 3 weeks later...

I can sum it up with one word - cheese. :D It's low-end budget cheese, at that. If you're on the island for a longer vacation, and are excessively bored and have money burning a hole in your pocket...sure, stop by and visit. Or, if you're under 5yo, you might find it entertaining...just might, though. I was very disappointed, since it looked so good from the outside advertising... :(

The caves are fairly small with some cheesy pirate theming, and the zoo is mostly small animals in cages (and a lot of the cages and pens were empty during our visit). There was also a goat and some chickens, if I'm recalling correctly (our visit to the caves was in March, and I only have vague memories of the details, so that's an indication of how 'uninspiring' it was). There is an interesting flyer with info on the various plants you see on your walk, but it's nowhere as detailed as what you'd get at the botanical gardens, so if you're going for the nature walk I'd go to the gardens instead.

I'd save the $10 and buy a couple of beers while lounging on Seven Mile Beach instead.

I can sum it up with one word - cheese. :D It's low-end budget cheese, at that. If you're on the island for a longer vacation, and are excessively bored and have money burning a hole in your pocket...sure, stop by and visit. Or, if you're under 5yo, you might find it entertaining...just might, though. I was very disappointed, since it looked so good from the outside advertising... :(

The caves are fairly small with some cheesy pirate theming, and the zoo is mostly small animals in cages (and a lot of the cages and pens were empty during our visit). There was also a goat and some chickens, if I'm recalling correctly (our visit to the caves was in March, and I only have vague memories of the details, so that's an indication of how 'uninspiring' it was). There is an interesting flyer with info on the various plants you see on your walk, but it's nowhere as detailed as what you'd get at the botanical gardens, so if you're going for the nature walk I'd go to the gardens instead.

I'd save the $10 and buy a couple of beers while lounging on Seven Mile Beach instead.

LOL! That was very helpful! Thanks!

Archived