Has ANYONE had experience with Tauck???

ddschur

I can't help you with a advice on a river Cruise from Tauck but we did take a land tour of italy with them about 4 years ago and it was perfect!! Very well organized, great hotels, tour guide was fantastic--can't say enough good things about them. I would think that they would handle a river cruise in the same professional manner. They are a little pricer than some cruises but probably worth it in the long run. We had very little optional tours on our 19 day Italy tour ( maybe 2 optionals). Everything was included!

I think you couldn"t go wrong with the Tauck company. Enjoy

micked10

Whlie on another River Vessel, we were docked next to the Tauck Swiss Sapphire. I also went into the lobby of the Swiss Sapphiare. From what little I saw the vessel is beautiful. I could see the dinning room from the window. The table setting was very elegent. The Cruise Director (An American) easily answered every question I asked.

All the (or almost) all of the tours are included in the fare. Also tips are included. Wine and beer are served with dinner and wine is served at lunch.

The French Balcony is really just a large opening sliding window.

I would diffently take a hard look at Tauck when I book my next river cruise.

The Tauck vessels has fewer cabins, therefore fewer guest. Also there was a cruise director and 3 tour guides (one guide for each bus).

After adding the tips and the optional tours I took with the other company I was only about $200 less than the Tauck price. I beleive your overall experience with Tauck would be much better.

Look for my reveiw by search for all post by MSEm

MSEm

I selected Tauck by their good reputation and all the inclusions with the cruise price. Will be on the Rhine-Mosel cruise October 4th. The boat is the Swiss Diamond which I believe is one of the older boats but still very nice. Not much information from other travelers available anywhere but I am happy with my choice.

Thanks to those who have responded.:D

As was mentioned above, we also took a Tauck land tour from Nice France to Paris and it was absolutely wonderful...it is that experience that caused us to use Tauck for our first river cruise experience.

Anyway, I am very much looking forward to September of 2009!

Take care all and safe travels.:)

We have been on 8 Tauck land trips, although not their river cruise. They are a top notch company, with great accomodations and food. They tend to be pretty pricy compared to many of the other tour companies, but we have always been satisfied.

We walked through one of their ships which was tied up next to ours on a Tulip Time cruise in Amsterdam and the lobby was lovely.

Archived