lido deck cabin

newcruiserguy

anybody ever stay in a lido deck cabin on the sapphire princess? my wife is concerned about noise and sea sickness thanks for any advice!

Those cabins are forward and you will feel more motion.

If your wife has concerns but wonts to stay on a higher deck my own personal suggestion would be the middle of Baja deck......not near the elevators........Hope I have helped. Have a great cruise......Kruisey:)

Haven't been on the Sapphire ... but we've stayed on the Lido deck of the Crown and Caribbean Princess and have the Lido deck booked for a future cruise on the Ruby. We love the convenience and have experienced no significant increase in motion than on other decks. Lido is always our first choice ... but it is costlier than other decks. Whatever your decision ... enjoy your cruise!!!

Unlike BigGuy - we did find more motion on Lido deck (just off the CB last week). We had never stayed on Lido, and won't again. I'd go for Riviera or Aloha instead. It was more expensive and too much motion. Also - be sure you are far enough away from the stairway/elevators because there is a ton of traffic to and from the pool.

We always book the same deck as the pool. On the smaller ships such as the Sun and the Dawn, it would be the Riviera deck. But, we have sailed the Emerald and are sailing the Crown this year, and have booked the Lido deck. We have been pretty fortunate that we haven't felt much motion. And, our rooms were pretty far forward. Last year, we did have some remnants of Hurricane Noel. Had one day with significant rain and higher winds, but it still did not bother us. I guess if you are really bothered by any type of motion, this would not be the deck for you. But, we love the idea of being closest to the pool. It works well on sea days. Especially if you are at the pool and either forgot something in your room, or need a bathroom break. No long halls to deal with. Also, it's close to the grill and the Horizon buffet. We think it's great!

Archived