Showers on Ruby

Dorset Cruiser

Does anyone know if the showerheads on Ruby will be detachable? I ask because we are taking our two small grandchildren aged 5 and 3 who have never had a shower (they do, however, have twice daily baths:eek: ). If the showerheads are fixed, we need to have some shower training sessions before January:D

A mini suite is the perfect answer.

I know but as my DH has paid over £7000 for this one week cruise for him and I and our two children, their partners and our two grandchildren, and has gone so far as to book three balcony cabins, he understandably baulked at any suggestion of a mini-suite for my son and his family:eek: If we can't get the grandchildren trained to use the shower, they will just have to wash them down in the bathroom sink. I would imagine they will spend much of their time in the pool in any event so they will not get too dirty:D

I know but as my DH has paid over £7000 for this one week cruise for him and I and our two children, their partners and our two grandchildren, and has gone so far as to book three balcony cabins, he understandably baulked at any suggestion of a mini-suite for my son and his family:eek: If we can't get the grandchildren trained to use the shower, they will just have to wash them down in the bathroom sink. I would imagine they will spend much of their time in the pool in any event so they will not get too dirty:D

Not sure if they sell them over in the UK, but a thought for you. Here they sell a very small, one ring blow up swimming pool. I am talking quite tiny. Dollar general stores sell them during the summer months. They would be perfect to blow up, sit in the shower, and give the little ones a bath in.

If they don't sell them there, you might think of asking someone from the U.S. on your roll call if they could keep their eye open for one. They are very light weight, as said, very small, but would be perfect for very young kids to have a few inches of water in them to bathe.

Not sure of the ages of the children, but keep in mind if they are in diapers, they will not be allowed in the pools onboard (even swim diapers are not allowed).

Not sure if they sell them over in the UK, but a thought for you. Here they sell a very small, one ring blow up swimming pool. I am talking quite tiny. Dollar general stores sell them during the summer months. They would be perfect to blow up, sit in the shower, and give the little ones a bath in.

If they don't sell them there, you might think of asking someone from the U.S. on your roll call if they could keep their eye open for one. They are very light weight, as said, very small, but would be perfect for very young kids to have a few inches of water in them to bathe.

Not sure of the ages of the children, but keep in mind if they are in diapers, they will not be allowed in the pools onboard (even swim diapers are not allowed).

That sounds ideal for the 5 year old - he has an aversion to water on his face and head. The 3 year old should be okay as she is a real tomboy and has no fear of ANYTHING. As we live in a seaside resort, I will check out the beach shops and should be able to find one. Thanks for the idea:D

Archived