LAX-earliest flight departure from ship

If everything goes right you should have no problem. I'm a Nervous Nellie when it comes to my air, and I HATE to be rushed on the last day of my cruise, so I would say don't book anything prior to noon.

You could be held up by a crew immigration. On Monarch that kept us from departing, in the first group of tags, until 9:30, and there was no express departure that day). Mariner has even more crew, so it would take a lot longer, I think.

Traffic on the 405 could be horrible, and the carpool lane doesn't always save you.

45 minutes may not seem like much, but it could be huge if you're trying to get on a flight.

Do you think we could make an 11:15am flight from LAX off of the Mariner of the Seas April 12, 2009?

Don't know about the Mariner in LA but off the Monarch we made it in plenty of time for a 11:35am. It took only like 30 or 40 minutes to the airport.

But the mariner is a much bigger ship though.

If you go to the RCI website and click on "Customer Support"...........then click on "Frequently Asked Questions". Then go to "Reserving" and click on "Air Travel". Click on the last question............."how early can I............."

Fill in the blanks and it will tell you what the earliest recommended flight will be to book.

If you go to the RCI website and click on "Customer Support"...........then click on "Frequently Asked Questions". Then go to "Reserving" and click on "Air Travel". Click on the last question............."how early can I............."

Fill in the blanks and it will tell you what the earliest recommended flight will be to book.

Here is the link:

Plan your air

Can I ask why, when I click on your site............it welcome's my husband at the top of the page? Remember, I'm the computer dummy here!!:o

That's the one reason why I didn't put the link in.

It always displays the last person logged in RCI from that computer.

If I click on it, it welcomes me. If you click on it it welcomes your husband.

It has something to do with the cookies on your computer. Nobody can log into yours or my account.

It always displays the last person logged in RCI from that computer.

If I click on it, it welcomes me. If you click on it it welcomes your husband.

It has something to do with the cookies on your computer. Nobody can log into yours or my account.

Well that makes sense. Thanks Oliver for the explanation.

I personally wouldn't book 11:15. I had that option, too, when I booked my flights, and it just isn't worth worrying about what could go wrong. I know me, and I would fret.:rolleyes:

You might very well make it in plenty of time, if everything goes well. You just don't know if it will.

I would not book a flight earlier than noon. In April of 2007 we flew out of San Diego............had an 11:45AM flight which was booked by RCI. You could just about walk to the airport from the pier that's how close they are to each other.................we just made it to the airport with 3 minutes to spare to check our bags under the 45 minute check-in time.

Flew out of LA last October.............again..........lots of delays disembarking the ship.

We have made the early flight a few times, but we carried our own luggage off and only took carry-on's on the plane (only the 3-day Monarch). For a 7-day, you will probably have to check luggage and that would be cutting it too close. I believe that for most airlines, LAX does not have curb-side check in so you have to wait in a long line to check bags.

P.S. I'm an LA girl so LAX does not intimidate me. If you are shy of larger airports or you HAVE to get home, I would book a later flight.

Deb

Yes, LAX has curbside check-in. If you are coming back on a Sunday traffic on the 110 and and 405 should not be bad. If it is a week day forget it. I wouldn't risk it.

I know that for Southwest in March, they did not have curbside check in. Maybe it depends on the airline.

Deb

I booked a 12:30 flight out of LA for my Vision trip.

With the cutbacks....Midwest Airlines moved my flight to 11:30....guess if I miss it they will have to fix it!

Look at Midwest's website and see what later flights they have available that day and ask to be moved to it. If there is not a later flight, I would be calling Midwest and asking for a full refund and booking on another airline. If you miss that 11:30 flight, Midwest might be nice and allow you to fly on the next available flight at no additional charge, but they are not required to. More likely they will charge you a fee to put you on a later flight, and worst case is they could require you to book a completely new ticket - at the last minute rates.

When we leave any ship in San Pedro.........we always book a flight that leaves LAX at 1 PM or around that time.

So far.........in many trips..........we always arrive much earlier.............and the day that I book an 11 AM flight........we will miss it!!

That is the the truth of how air affects so many. When someone wants everything to go smoothly........it will be nothing but a bumpy road.

So............give yourself enough time to be able to sit and allow yourself the relaxation of catching a flight....rather than being uptight.....and maybe missing it.

Rick

I have been trying to decide between leaving at 11 or 1:30....after reading this thread, I think I'll go with 1:30 (since I fret!)

Although in May we were off the ship by 8:00 and could easily have made an 11:00 flight, it's not always so easy. I would rather read my book and wait for the plane than miss it and have to deal with the hassle of finding a new flight!

Archived