Cruise Documents

mikjr

Did you deal directly with HAL -- HAL usually uses DHL.

We use a personal TA and get our documents from her.

Ahhh.... we went through a TA... so from what I'm hearing, they will come from her.

thanks

Ours came from the TA today, 7-29, mailed on 7-28. We were getting a little anxious since the ship sails on August 8 out of Vancouver.

Well, still no cabin assignment and we are waitlisted for main dining. Not to worry, the only thing in that lovely packet that we really need is the Mariner Luggage Tags. We completed the online checkin process and will print out our boarding passes the night before we fly to Vancouver.

We normally travel Guarentee. There seems to be no rhyme or reason as to when the docs are sent or the cabins assigned. The range of time for docs has been between two and eighteen days. The range of cabin assignment has been between zero and eighteen days.

Actually, I don't care. I'll sleep on the floor if I have to, just let me on the ship. :D

We got our documents for our September 12 cruise last thursday, an amazing 7 weeks before departure. :D

We booked through a brick & mortar TA and our docs were sent there and I stopped by after work to pick them up. I did have to sign for them at the travel agency though that might be a AAA policy.

We booked on line...will HAL send us paper docs or will we just get e-docs like other lines are going to? I prefer the paper docs that come in the mail so I can do the doc dance down the drive way :D!

We booked on line...will HAL send us paper docs or will we just get e-docs like other lines are going to? I prefer the paper docs that come in the mail so I can do the doc dance down the drive way :D!

Like the others stated, it really depends on who you book the cruise with.

The travel agent that I used last year send my documents via e-mail the very next day after HAL received it's last payment (the quickest that I ever received them!!). Another TA sent them via FedEx one year and the year before it was sent my snail mail.

I don't know how my documents for my October cruise are going to come,but if they are e-documents I still have my blue folders from my Oosterdam and Westerdam sailings (that's what I placed them in last year :D ).

Just check with your ta and see what procedures they use.

Happy sailing!!

Second time around and my 40th birthday cruise on the

MAASDAM!!

10/24/08-11/07/08

I don't know how my documents for my October cruise are going to come,but if they are e-documents I still have my blue folders from my Oosterdam and Westerdam sailings (that's what I placed them in last year :D ).

Second time around and my 40th birthday cruise on the

MAASDAM!!

10/24/08-11/07/08

The way I understand it, is that you do on-line check in on the HAL site for your boarding pass and credit card info but you also DO get your blue packet hard copy of other documents and luggage tags. That is what happened for our August - September cruise.

We booked through a TA and got our docs two weeks ago for 8/24 cruising. Personally I like to have the physical copy of the docs in hand. It just makes the upcoming trip more realistic. I understood the same way as TMWeedle did, check-in online, print out your boarding passes and bring it with you. This will make embarkation much quicker for you. If you haven't received yours and your cruise date is getting closer, keep calling your TA.

Archived